Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Would if you could?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 02:51 AM   #11
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

First I would do is a trigger job on my model 17. I would like to lighten it up. I might change the rear sight as well to something with an outline.

I would probably switch out the sites on my Kahr and my 1911 with tritium sights, and add Crimson Trace grips to my 1911.

Get a shorter barrel for my Mossberg 930 and an extended mag tube.

Get a Crimson Trace grip/laser/light for my AR.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Last edited by ScottA; 05-02-2013 at 05:01 AM.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:59 AM   #12

Liked 279 Times on 243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
First I would do is a trigger job on my model 17. I would like to lighten it up. I might change the rear sight as well to something with an outline.

I would probably switch out the sites on my Kahr and my 1911 with tritium sights, and add Crimson Trace grips to my 1911.

Get a shorter barrel for my Mossberg 930 and an extended mag tube.

Get a Crimson Trace grip/laser for my AR.
You bring up another great one for me, replace all front sights with tritium, or at least fiberoptic.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:06 AM   #13

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I could answer this more ways than I can count...but the most pressing would be to purchase a new semi-auto shotgun for hunting....then take my 835 ultimag..strip down and cerakote reciever, and barrel black....add mag tube extension for 5 more rounds...and add folding rear stock and forend in dark earth color. Finish of f with side saddle and 15 round sling...all new chokes for more options....that would be my ultimate hd/target shotgun.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-02-2013, 04:09 AM   #14

Liked 2393 Times on 1362 Posts
Likes Given: 1881

Stainless steel...

Old 05-02-2013, 04:18 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I would love to have lasers and flashlights on my guns, but they are not allowed in Germany. Oh, and night vision scopes for my rifles, but they are illegal to hunt with.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:30 AM   #16

Ok, so I'm new to this whole thing, and I am in the market for a handgun or shotgun. I was flipping through the latest edition of Recoil, and came upon a Griffin Industries G19. Of course it looks cool, but I think it really has features I would be looking for. Page 144 of Volume 1 Issue 5, if you're interested. I also like the Remington Steal package. From what I've been told, and what my needs are, either one of these would be a good first gun, home defense weapon. What do you guys think? Remember, I'm new to this!!! LOL

Old 05-02-2013, 04:38 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

First, I would take my HiPoint 9mm carbine and rework it to make it less bulky, a bit slimmer and more tightly packaged to mount a 4x32 tactical scope that stays aligned with the barrel. I really like the gun for 50-60 yards and have proven it very accurate with iron sights but my eyesight needs a simple scope with eyepiece adjustment to clearly see what I am aiming for. The next thing I would do is take my EAA .357 and trade it for a S&W .357. Then, I would replace my .30-06 Savage bolt with a BAR .30-06 and extended 15 rnd magazines. Other than that I really like what I have.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:45 AM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default 12 gage

[QUOTE=RDC1911;1233786]Ok, so I'm new to this whole thing, and I am in the market for a handgun or shotgun. I was flipping through the latest edition of Recoil, and came upon a Griffin Industries G19. Of course it looks cool, but...

I bought a used but barely roughed up Remington 870. Then added a tactical stock and grip, single point sling, and a slug barrel. My whole package is less than a new out of the box defense only shot gun, I can put the stock and long barrel back on and go hunting, and the 870 is one of the most popular and long standing American shotguns around. No problem finding parts if ever needed. NExt, I bought my wife an inexpensive Maverick 88 and rigged it the same way. Same for her. If we go skeeting together we just swap out the stocks and barrels and then return them to home defensive protection when we get home and finish cleaning them. We both think they are the best thing since sliced bread and 12 gage ammo of all kinds is still easy to get.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:32 AM   #19

Thanks 12 gage!

Old 05-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1763 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
What, if anything, would you do to your gun(s) were it possible or cost effective enough to do so?

I'd have heavier triggers put in. I don't like how light my SAO triggers are. Even with manual safety engaged I feel like they could go off just by looking at them. Obvious exaggeration, but I'm an exaggerana and it makes its point.

Not sure what they are currently being decade old, but came stock with 7.5lb triggers. If that's what they are I want 12-14lb!
I've got a 6 inch Mod 19 S&W that I would love to send back to Smith for nickle plating. It would smooth it out some and help me protect it since it's my woods gun. I would also like to have the sights changed to red ramp front and white outline rear. The only thing holding me back is it would ruin any collectors value the gun might have.