Worst Handgun You Ever Owned? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Worst Handgun You Ever Owned?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #51
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3282 Times on 2232 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman
I had an old RG .22 revolver that I retired a few years back for safety reasons. Worst piece of junk I ever had. The cylinder was loose, trigger was horrible. It looked just like this one:
I had one of these as well. It was my "raincoat" gun in my mid-20's. Never failed to fire. Just looked Butt fugly, and never really fit my hand well. Dropped it once and cracked the grip, so decided to wrap it in double sided electricians tape. At least it fit better after that.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
rocshaman Likes This 
Old 12-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #52
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6325 Times on 3156 Posts
Likes Given: 6814

My moniker Webley Fosbery 38 was both the best and worst handgun I ever owned (and only handgun I ever owned)!

Best because it was my dads and nobody had one like it (Literally there is only one other known to exist in the world exactly like it), it was a blast to shoot and looked like something Dirty Harry would carry ,

Worst, it was a complete failure when it was produced in 1903, thats why so few were ever made. It gave up stopping power to the recoil reload, and any dirt in the action would cause a failure to feed. I was always afraid that shooting it would damage it, it wasnt a young piece.

In the end, I cant own a piece of steel that is worth so much and has no practical use, just sitting in my safe, it had to go!

wf-avitar.jpg  

Old 12-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2144 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I had one of these as well. It was my "raincoat" gun in my mid-20's. Never failed to fire. Just looked Butt fugly, and never really fit my hand well. Dropped it once and cracked the grip, so decided to wrap it in double sided electricians tape. At least it fit better after that.

I'm glad you didn't blow one of your fingers off with it.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:22 AM   #54

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

So far, it's been the Sig P232. Well made, but took a lot of rounds to get the gun broke in properly. It also took a bit of time to figure out which ammo to use with it. The best loads for this gun are the highest velocity loads I can find. I'm getting ready to get a Ruger LCP.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #55
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3282 Times on 2232 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman
I'm glad you didn't blow one of your fingers off with it.
Yeah, me too. It went to a tinkerer for $65 bucks who said he was going to carve new grips for it...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 12-10-2013, 05:42 AM   #56

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
My moniker Webley Fosbery 38 was both the best and worst handgun I ever owned (and only handgun I ever owned)!

Best because it was my dads and nobody had one like it (Literally there is only one other known to exist in the world exactly like it), it was a blast to shoot and looked like something Dirty Harry would carry ,

Worst, it was a complete failure when it was produced in 1903, thats why so few were ever made. It gave up stopping power to the recoil reload, and any dirt in the action would cause a failure to feed. I was always afraid that shooting it would damage it, it wasnt a young piece.

In the end, I cant own a piece of steel that is worth so much and has no practical use, just sitting in my safe, it had to go!
that's a cool gun.Does it break open to load?

Old 12-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #57
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6325 Times on 3156 Posts
Likes Given: 6814

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWork4Ammo View Post
that's a cool gun.Does it break open to load?
It does, hold eight!

Old 12-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #58

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My old m1911 had it for eight years until it jammed permantly and I bought another one but I still miss my old one

Old 12-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #59

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeshaffer View Post
My old m1911 had it for eight years until it jammed permantly and I bought another one but I still miss my old one
How can a 1911 jam "permantly"

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 12-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #60

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Default Ati fatboy

Even the factory could not fix it.