Worst Handgun You Ever Owned? - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Worst Handgun You Ever Owned?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #91
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Taurus PT738 in .380. That gun wouldn't cycle a full mag to save it's ass. Finally sold it. Completely unreliable.

My GSG 1911 .22 would come in a close second. I still have it but it's finicky. I've done all the upgrades to it (guide rod-springs, ect.) but it still is problematic. When I go the the range I take the kids with and they shoot the .22's. The Ruger SR22 and the Buckmark are great and I never have a problem with them, but I spend plenty of time dinking around with the GSG.
Yeah, it's potentially a life-or-death situation. It's bad enough when a gun goes "bang" when you expected it to go "click" because you intended to dry-fire an empty gun.
But it can be devastating if a gun goes "click" when you need it to go "bang". It could mean your life.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:01 AM   #92

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
S&W Bodyguard 38. Timing, lock-up issues after less than 100rds. Sent it back to the factory, trouble returned after 20rds. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
I agree and have to add that it was the most unpleasant to fire handgun that I have ever owned.
It was far to small and light for the recoil of even mild loads.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #93

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8oldguy View Post
I love shooting the guns I own. My expectations from a carry gun are concealable, reliable, accurate and fun to shoot. For me, 3 out of 4 isn't good enough, especially when "fun to shoot" is very important to me. The LCP was just a nasty little gun to shoot. Anyway, the LCP is gone and I'm glad. I traded it for a NAA 22mag. Yes, I love the little gun. Very accurate, easy to carry, reliable and fun to shoot.
Taurus TCP 380. Talk about a nasty little gun! I couldn't get it to go through one whole mag. It would fail to fire, fail to eject, -- then when it did eject - it ejected casings right back into your face! Not only that, it kicked something awful - so bad that two women that were with me both refused to try to shoot it anymore after a shot or two.

I replaced it quickly with a Ruger LCP. What a difference! The LCP has never failed! It is accurate - and it's kick is enough less that the ladies will shoot it. One of the women even bought one for herself! It's for self defense - not a fun-at-the-range gun.

Not saying the LCP doesn't have a kick - it is a light gun - but it is nothing like the Taurus was - seems like the line of fire must sit too high above the grip in that TCP. But heck - it wouldn't shoot that much anyway, without a jam!

I sold it fast!

Last edited by Colby; 01-05-2014 at 08:51 AM.