Worst Handgun You Ever Owned?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Worst Handgun You Ever Owned?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default Worst Handgun You Ever Owned?

For me,the Lorcin L380.What a piece of doo doo!
Long story short,before I knew squat about quality firearms,while firing it,the slide broke off,flew at my face and hit my chin and needed stitches.
I know the Lorcin L380 has been resurrected by Cobra as the Cobra Freedom FS380.Not sure how much better they are from the old Lorcins.
I had a Bryco Jennings 59 that never broke,but I sold it and specifically told the buyer I am not responsible if it fails.I once fired a friends Jimenez JA9 (a reincarnation of the Jennings 9) and it was a jam-o-matic nightmare.He paid $179 for it and he finally sold it and bought a Glock 19.
This isn't my Lorcin it is from another forum but this is exactly what happened to mine.
These guns are more dangerous to the owner than they are a criminal.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

ATI/GSG 1911 22lr- Pot-metal guide rod broke in half after a couple hundred rounds and it can have a finicky appetite. I haven't been too impressed with the mags either. Cheapo pistol.

More 'mildly bad' than terrible. But it's the only pistol I've ever regretted purchasing. Still have it, LOL.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #3

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
ATI/GSG 1911 22lr- Pot-metal guide rod broke in half after a couple hundred rounds and it can have a finicky appetite. I haven't been too impressed with the mags either. Cheapo pistol.

More 'mildly bad' than terrible. But it's the only pistol I've ever regretted purchasing. Still have it, LOL.
Is that the one with the faux suppressor?

Old 12-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Taurus PT140. Ugly as sin, not comfortable, and the magazine would eject after nearly every round fired (no my hands were nowhere near the button). Plus the front sight came off after shooting it twice. That was 2 years ago and we are still waiting for them to send the correct screw.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Mongo Likes This 
Old 12-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #5

Liked 406 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 4

S&W Bodyguard 38. Timing, lock-up issues after less than 100rds. Sent it back to the factory, trouble returned after 20rds. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2332 Times on 1255 Posts
Likes Given: 842

I've chosen pretty well on most of my handguns, so my worst really wasn't all that bad: Smith & Wesson Model 411. Pretty decent gun, but not all that accurate. At short range, it would still ruin anyone's day. But I would always shoot tighter groups with friends' pistols than with it. It wound up being my first trade.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 12-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #7

Liked 26 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 26

A Bryco/Jennings Nine. I've never even shot the thing, and I'm almost afraid to. I got it at an auction for $100. I bid just for the heck of it, not thinking I'd win. I've broken it down, polished the trigger and everywhere that rubs, and done what I can to make it function smoother if I should ever need it....but I'll never really trust it.

It lives in a lockbox in my car.....it's my "I was stupid and left without my glock" gun.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2370 Times on 1281 Posts
Likes Given: 679

Taurus PT92. Went back 3 times and still was not fixed. Trigger would stack. Every time you fired the trigger got harder. By the 3rd round it was up around 12 lbs and only got worse. That was single action.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #9

Liked 362 Times on 207 Posts

Century made Galil Golani. Nothing but trouble. Not a handgun but still, stay away.

Last edited by indy36; 12-05-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 572 Times on 333 Posts
Likes Given: 176

My Ruger LCP. Carried it for a year, shot it on a regular basis. It never failed to fire and was accurate. I just hated it. Traded it off about a year ago and never regretted getting rid of it for one second.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

MoHawk Likes This