Worst customer service ever!!!! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Worst customer service ever!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Gun related companies are in a quandry right now. Many positions require some degree of skill so they are not just "plug and play". If they hire someone, and take the time to train them, that takes away from productivity. Then, no one knows how long this buying binge will last. You invest many hours/weeks training the new employee and have to lay him off in 3 months.

Then just finding good, hard working people is getting harder every day. Uncle Sugar has created a system where they do not have to work to survive. Most "good" workers have good jobs already. The ones left (in a given area) are not worth hiring.
I could see that, if those positions requiring some skill also had pay grades related to having some skill. I recently saw an ad from Glock looking to hire armorers and the pay was pathetic. Like $12 an hour pathetic. They actually had another ad for weekend security and it paid more than $12 an hour. So, if they positions are those of such that necessitate greater levels of skill the average person doesn't have, then the pay should be scaled the same way. But since the pay is so low, you'll never see any really highly skilled people wanting to take such a low paying job, unless they are willing to ride the train for a long time hoping for some promotion into a better paying job. The type of hiring I was thinking of however, was a greater number of CSR's, shipping dock, packaging, processing, basically all the positions that can be hired from the average pool of folks, allowing even the folks of limited skill levels to make the products. Most stuff isn't handmade these days anymore, it's all production line. There is rare a product that is made by a single person anymore, mostly it's done it sections with each person having a specific job. I'm a capitalist through and through, and in capitalism you have to take advantage of business when it's there, and if you can't keep your customers happy then they will be happy to find someone else.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr