Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Worried about magazine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
CJx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Worried about magazine

Hello,
I did a rather dumb thing and decided to take a round out of my grandfathers magazine and try to put it back in again. I was able to get the round back in but I was worried that it would cause a malfunction so I took the round out. The gun is a Sig P226 9mm.
Should I be concerned about this? There is another magazine in the drawer that I did not touch and the top bullet is in the same position as the untouched one.
Are magazines sensitive when loading like if you do not do it exactly then there will be malfunction? Or are magazines forgiving and you don't have to be a licensed surgeon to put rounds in.
I shook the magazine that I touched and there was a rattling sound like a bullet was loose knocking inside the magazine, so I pushed the bullets all the way down as if I were loading another bullet and the clicking stopped.
Yes I realize now that this is a very foolish thing to do as this gun would be used to shoot a burglar. Should i be concerned about this, or is it no cause for concern. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by CJx; 08-21-2013 at 08:01 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #2

Liked 326 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJx
Hello,
I did a rather dumb thing and decided to take a round out of my grandfathers magazine and try to put it back in again. I was able to get the round back in but I was worried that it would cause a malfunction so I took the round out. The gun is a Sig P226 9mm.
Should I be concerned about this? There is another magazine in the drawer that I did not touch and the top bullet is in the same position as the untouched one.
Are magazines sensitive when loading like if you do not do it exactly then there will be malfunction? Or are magazines forgiving and you don't have to be a licensed surgeon to put rounds in.
I shook the magazine that I touched and there was a rattling sound like a bullet was loose knocking inside the magazine, so I pushed the bullets all the way down as if I were loading another bullet and the clicking stopped.
Yes I realize now that this is a very foolish thing to do as this gun would be used to shoot a burglar. Should i be concerned about this, or is it no cause for concern. Thanks for any help.
Since someone is going to say it, "for the love of god, don't touch stuff that isn't yours!" Haha. You've nothing to worry about though, so long as the round was put back in the magazine facing the same way as the others, it'll function properly.

Now here's the question, how come you where mucking with his stuff? You wanting to get into shooting?
Old 08-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #3
CJx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
Since someone is going to say it, "for the love of god, don't touch stuff that isn't yours!" Haha. You've nothing to worry about though, so long as the round was put back in the magazine facing the same way as the others, it'll function properly.

Now here's the question, how come you where mucking with his stuff? You wanting to get into shooting?
Yes, I'm very interested in guns and shooting. I know it was a dumb thing to do. I hope that if someone breaks into my home that the round will feed correctly and fire.

Last edited by CJx; 08-21-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJx

Yes, I'm very interested in guns and shooting. I know it was a dumb thing to do. I hope that if someone breaks into my home that the round will feed correctly and fire.
Have you shot before or anything? If not, why not ask your grand dad if you can go with him next time?
Old 08-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
CJx

Quote:
Have you shot before or anything? If not, why not ask your grand dad if you can go with him next time?
No, and my grandpa doesn't shoot anymore, he's lost interest.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJx

No, and my grandpa doesn't shoot anymore, he's lost interest.
Ooh, we'll I'm sure of you ask him if he can take you shooting, he might just take you. If not, he might know of someone who willing to take you out and show you.

At the very least, you should get him to teach you the proper handling of any firearms he doesn't have locked away.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #7
CJx

Quote:
Ooh, we'll I'm sure of you ask him if he can take you shooting, he might just take you. If not, he might know of someone who willing to take you out and show you.

At the very least, you should get him to teach you the proper handling of any firearms he doesn't have locked away.
That would be cool. Thanks for your responses, much appreciated. I am still however paranoid about this magazine and would appreciate more people consoling me if i should be worried about malfunction or not.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJx

That would be cool. Thanks for your responses, much appreciated. I am still however paranoid about this magazine and would appreciate more people consoling me if i should be worried about malfunction or not.
Haha no problem little dude. Don't worry about it though, if it looks the same as the other magazine, it'll work just fine.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #9
CJx

Quote:
Haha no problem little dude. Don't worry about it though, if it looks the same as the other magazine, it'll work just fine.
Haha, funny thing is I'm 19, toying around with stuff like I'm 9 or something, lol.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJx

Haha, funny thing is I'm 19, toying around with stuff like I'm 9 or something, lol.
Lmfao!! I'm 20 and do the same stuff. I was thinking maybe ten or eleven at most.