Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Worried about magazine (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/worried-about-magazine-95795/)

CJx 08-21-2013 07:42 AM

Worried about magazine
 
Hello,
I did a rather dumb thing and decided to take a round out of my grandfathers magazine and try to put it back in again. I was able to get the round back in but I was worried that it would cause a malfunction so I took the round out. The gun is a Sig P226 9mm.
Should I be concerned about this? There is another magazine in the drawer that I did not touch and the top bullet is in the same position as the untouched one.
Are magazines sensitive when loading like if you do not do it exactly then there will be malfunction? Or are magazines forgiving and you don't have to be a licensed surgeon to put rounds in.
I shook the magazine that I touched and there was a rattling sound like a bullet was loose knocking inside the magazine, so I pushed the bullets all the way down as if I were loading another bullet and the clicking stopped.
Yes I realize now that this is a very foolish thing to do as this gun would be used to shoot a burglar. Should i be concerned about this, or is it no cause for concern. Thanks for any help.

kaido 08-21-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJx
Hello,
I did a rather dumb thing and decided to take a round out of my grandfathers magazine and try to put it back in again. I was able to get the round back in but I was worried that it would cause a malfunction so I took the round out. The gun is a Sig P226 9mm.
Should I be concerned about this? There is another magazine in the drawer that I did not touch and the top bullet is in the same position as the untouched one.
Are magazines sensitive when loading like if you do not do it exactly then there will be malfunction? Or are magazines forgiving and you don't have to be a licensed surgeon to put rounds in.
I shook the magazine that I touched and there was a rattling sound like a bullet was loose knocking inside the magazine, so I pushed the bullets all the way down as if I were loading another bullet and the clicking stopped.
Yes I realize now that this is a very foolish thing to do as this gun would be used to shoot a burglar. Should i be concerned about this, or is it no cause for concern. Thanks for any help.

Since someone is going to say it, "for the love of god, don't touch stuff that isn't yours!" Haha. You've nothing to worry about though, so long as the round was put back in the magazine facing the same way as the others, it'll function properly.

Now here's the question, how come you where mucking with his stuff? You wanting to get into shooting?

CJx 08-21-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaido (Post 1341839)
Since someone is going to say it, "for the love of god, don't touch stuff that isn't yours!" Haha. You've nothing to worry about though, so long as the round was put back in the magazine facing the same way as the others, it'll function properly.

Now here's the question, how come you where mucking with his stuff? You wanting to get into shooting?

Yes, I'm very interested in guns and shooting. I know it was a dumb thing to do. I hope that if someone breaks into my home that the round will feed correctly and fire.

kaido 08-21-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJx

Yes, I'm very interested in guns and shooting. I know it was a dumb thing to do. I hope that if someone breaks into my home that the round will feed correctly and fire.

Have you shot before or anything? If not, why not ask your grand dad if you can go with him next time?

CJx 08-21-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaido (Post 1341846)
Have you shot before or anything? If not, why not ask your grand dad if you can go with him next time?

No, and my grandpa doesn't shoot anymore, he's lost interest.

kaido 08-21-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJx

No, and my grandpa doesn't shoot anymore, he's lost interest.

Ooh, we'll I'm sure of you ask him if he can take you shooting, he might just take you. If not, he might know of someone who willing to take you out and show you.


At the very least, you should get him to teach you the proper handling of any firearms he doesn't have locked away.

CJx 08-21-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaido (Post 1341848)
Ooh, we'll I'm sure of you ask him if he can take you shooting, he might just take you. If not, he might know of someone who willing to take you out and show you.


At the very least, you should get him to teach you the proper handling of any firearms he doesn't have locked away.

That would be cool. Thanks for your responses, much appreciated. I am still however paranoid about this magazine and would appreciate more people consoling me :( if i should be worried about malfunction or not.

kaido 08-21-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJx

That would be cool. Thanks for your responses, much appreciated. I am still however paranoid about this magazine and would appreciate more people consoling me :( if i should be worried about malfunction or not.

Haha no problem little dude. Don't worry about it though, if it looks the same as the other magazine, it'll work just fine.

CJx 08-21-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaido (Post 1341851)
Haha no problem little dude. Don't worry about it though, if it looks the same as the other magazine, it'll work just fine.

Haha, funny thing is I'm 19, toying around with stuff like I'm 9 or something, lol.

kaido 08-21-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJx

Haha, funny thing is I'm 19, toying around with stuff like I'm 9 or something, lol.

Lmfao!! I'm 20 and do the same stuff. I was thinking maybe ten or eleven at most.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:29 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.