Wives or Girlfriends - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Wives or Girlfriends

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 49 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Both my girlfriend and wife select their own.
levelcross Likes This 
Old 09-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #22

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

It took several months to find a gun for the wife, she wanted a .357 so I buy her one knowing it will be mine soon. Then she decided to listen to me and find a gun she liked, then see about caliber options. She carries a Bersa Thunder CC .380 daily, or my Kimber Ultra CDP II. The little girl wanted a Rhino because it was ugly/cute and she thought the recoil would be far less than my SP 101. She carries a M&P 9C which she claimed out of the safe.

So I use the analogy of buying her a pair of shoes, I can get the right size, the right color, but probably not the right style for her to wear comfortably. So we often stop at the LGS and see what she really likes, then we look at several options of similar styles, then we see if we can rent one or borrow one to shoot. Then I let her pick it out, with a little guidance from me as what not to buy. The wife loved the LCP until she shot one, me I really liked it, so it was a no go. She loved the Bersa and I was OK with it but hated the sights, she got it.

Just remember, if momma ain't happy......nobody is going to be happy!

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #23

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Would you go out and buy her a car without her input? A gun is much more iffy. She has to use the car to get to work, store, and other necessary places. She doesn't have to use the gun past that first hand crunching recoil. Besides, the thing weighs darn near 2 pounds empty. Where is she going to carry that thing? I hope you have either an understanding GF or a comfy couch.
Well said.

But instead of comparing a gun to a car, try a bra.

I am sure that many men have bought bras and panties for their women at some point. So let me ask, how many times has your girlfriend or wife worn the set without being prompted?

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 09-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #24

Liked 327 Times on 261 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Most guys pay for the firearm YOU DON'T PICK It OUT unless you really want it for your self.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #25

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
Well said.

I am sure that many men have bought bras and panties for their women at some point. So let me ask, how many times has your girlfriend or wife worn the set without being prompted?

One time, near Christmas, my wife saw an outfit when we were out 'window shopping' & she just went on & on how cute it was. So, I sneaked back by there the next day & bought it for her as a Christmas present.

When I asked her why she never wore it, she said she loved the design, etc. but detested the color!! From then on I've never tried to surprise her with anything of a personal nature.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJak
Both my girlfriend and wife select their own.
And one day may use them on you!

Old 09-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #27

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee View Post
One time, near Christmas, my wife saw an outfit when we were out 'window shopping' & she just went on & on how cute it was. So, I sneaked back by there the next day & bought it for her as a Christmas present.

When I asked her why she never wore it, she said she loved the design, etc. but detested the color!! From then on I've never tried to surprise her with anything of a personal nature.
Good man. Someone is learning

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 09-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
Well said.

Been there, done that, the final decree did not give me custody of the tee shirt. I don't know what it is, but the female of the species seems to prefer a lot more fabric in the previously mentioned unmentionables than I do.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #29

Liked 40 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You guys are lucky. I tried to get my wife to shoot, but she backed out last second. Thankfully, she is taking up archery. At least she is shooting something.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:27 AM   #30

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

My wife and I are going to hit the range sometime this week and throw some lead down range . Hopefully, it won't be terribly busy, so I can finally sight in my ar.

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ