Wives or Girlfriends - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Wives or Girlfriends

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 02:31 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC167

Is that a pink wood stock? Because it looks pretty cool!
Sure is. Its a talos model. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=305851405

Old 09-23-2012, 02:33 AM   #12

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

yup. bought this glock 17 for my wife and had a custom duracoat job done on it.

glock.jpg  

Old 09-23-2012, 02:39 AM   #13

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

My wife has no interest in shopping or acquiring firearms of her own. She shoots more often than most LEO. She just claims firearms I have purchased for herself. She doesn't want to own a 357 mag. The only time she shoots one is when she has had a bad day. She buys a box of shells on the way home. Heads out for the range and shoots them all. At supper she is beaming. She tells me how good it felt to see the muzzle blast make the grass lay down. She likes to marvel at the clean cut holes in her targets.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 09-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #14

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
My wife has no interest in shopping or acquiring firearms of her own. She shoots more often than most LEO. She just claims firearms I have purchased for herself. She doesn't want to own a 357 mag. The only time she shoots one is when she has had a bad day. She buys a box of shells on the way home. Heads out for the range and shoots them all. At supper she is beaming. She tells me how good it felt to see the muzzle blast make the grass lay down. She likes to marvel at the clean cut holes in her targets.
That's awesome!

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 09-23-2012, 02:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop
yup. bought this glock 17 for my wife and had a custom duracoat job done on it.
Errr heres ours duracoated. X-works does a wonderful glock
Old 09-23-2012, 02:50 AM   #16

Apparently the app crashed.

pix368665638.jpg

Old 09-23-2012, 02:55 AM   #17

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun
Apparently the app crashed.
Ok, it wasn't just me.

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 09-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyS View Post
I just picked up a Sig Sauer P-239 in 40 S&W for the GF's Bday. I would have never thought of buying one for myself. How many of you would buy a gun or rifle for your girlfriend or wife that you would not normally buy for yourself.
Would you go out and buy her a car without her input? A gun is much more iffy. She has to use the car to get to work, store, and other necessary places. She doesn't have to use the gun past that first hand crunching recoil. Besides, the thing weighs darn near 2 pounds empty. Where is she going to carry that thing? I hope you have either an understanding GF or a comfy couch.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
personally i would let the wife or GF pick out what fits them rather than just buying one for them. pistols are a kind of personal thing and if the gun doesn't fit the persons hand well, they will have problems with recoil and shooting it accurately. just my thoughts on this.
I picked it up for her because she had one before she met me. She told me that it was her favorite. The range I go to had some on the rental shelves. She shot the ones they had very well. Next week is her Bday. I will let everyone know how she likes it.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 234 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyS View Post
I just picked up a Sig Sauer P-239 in 40 S&W for the GF's Bday. I would have never thought of buying one for myself. How many of you would buy a gun or rifle for your girlfriend or wife that you would not normally buy for yourself.
I would feel pretty good about buying my girlfriend a P239...mostly because I'd feel pretty good about keeping it if it were unappreciated. Great gun.