Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Window Shopping

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Please don't refer to my choices as crap................

This is not what the thread is about. I'm just a sergeant in the military. I don't exactly make enough money to go buy high-end firearms, and support my family at the same time.

Don't be gun snobs, people. It'll make you look stupid, and arrogant, trust me.

If you cannot tell me the equivalent prices on the pistols I listed, please don't post on this topic. I'm not interested in Glocks, Kimbers, Nighthawks, or whatnot, and I don't want to hear about how your particular gun store doesn't carry that "crap". I'm asking about the pistols that I listed, nothing else....lol.

P.S. Thanks Mark F.
Actually i think the SP101 and Keltecs are awesome guns, regardless of price.

The SP101 is built tougher than a S&W, smoother action than a Taurus, and best of all, is made in the USA. The Keltec is small, reliable, AWESOME customer service, and as accurate as the shooter is. The Hi-Point won't win any beauty contests, but still works.

Around me...
SP101 - $550
KelTec 380 - $280
Hi Point - $180
Jimenez - AVOID AT ALL COSTS

The Jennings, Bryco, Raven Arms, Jimenezs though are more dangerous to the shooter than the assailant. No matter what the price, please for the love of God stay FAR AWAY from those. The Jennings I had (same company as Jimenez, just new name) jammed every shot or fired full auto randomly. Friends I have fired Jennings/Jimenez NINE's and had the slide roocket past their eyeball while firing. I sawed mine in half rather than curse another man with that bomb.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:50 PM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I do a lot of my price comparison using gunbroker.com. The prices are usually equal or higher that my local firearms dealer, but sometimes you can find some good deals on there.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 12-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #23

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm chubbin' for an SP101, but they need to ramp it up to .45.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #24

It's better to buy the 'crap' most of the time.

Sometimes someone sh*ts out a jewel.

Like my bro's CZ-75 P0-1....not a very well known pistol...which is better as it makes it cheaper....hell 1911s are really not worth the money that they go for...but it's such a well known and respected brand it drives the price up. Anyway my first pistol is going to be a CZ-82.

Also people knocking the Kel-Tec? Man....for now I'm really happy with my rifle from Kel-Tec....better than an AR IMO.