Window shopping
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Window shopping

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 03:37 AM   #1
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Default Window shopping

Dropped off my wife at Kohl's. How convenient, Gander Mountain is right next door. So I told her to call me while I went window shopping for pistols.

I've pretty well decided that a 9mm should be my next acquisition, but checked out a few others as well.

Looked at the new Bodyguard's from S&W. I like the feel of the .380 compared to the Kel-Tec or Ruger LCP. Trigger and hammer just feel much more substantial. Compared the .38 to the LCR. The trigger on the LCR does feel better, but it does not feel $150 better. I'd say S&W has really come up with a great pair of guns there.

Checked out the Ruger SR9c and the XDsc. Although I love my XDm .40; I just don't know that the sc's impress me. The SR9c felt a little more natural in my hand. I'd probably have to go with the SR9c if given the choice between them.

But my big problem is the Springfield EMP. DANG! I love that gun. That just feels so perfect in the hand. I can buy 2 SR9c's for the price of one EMP, but I think I may have to splurge come b-day time. Who knows... may yet change my mind before January. Wouldn't have anticipated that my first 1911 would be an EMP.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-26-2010, 04:46 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The EMP 9mm is an awesome pistol. You'll be very happy with it.

The only thing I didn't care for was having to put a clip on the guide rod to capture the recoil spring. I think that's what it was, it was some years back. All I remember was that take down was kind of a PITA because of that.

BTW, for EMP money you can get a good basic 1911 in .45ACP as God and J.M.B. intended and an SR9c.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams