Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Winchester 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default Winchester 9mm

My local Walmart finally got a decent shipment of ammo in. I was able to grab a few 100 round value packs of 9mm for my XDM. Well I got home and opened up one of the boxes and I saw the ammo was loose. Something told me to count the rounds. I did and sure enough, every box was short. In all, I only got 287/300 rounds. Has anyone else had this occur to them. I want to contact winchester but I don't know if they'll be able to do anything about it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1660 Times on 905 Posts
Likes Given: 529

5 pound bags of sugar are now 4 pounds but dont cost less. A lot of products have been downsized for the same money. Just how dumb do companies think we are? May be Winchester is doing it in a small way. Seriously, contact Winchester and let them know. It could be a machine is set a little off. They might send you a coupon but more than likely it will be a canned response.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1626 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

I would contact the Wal-Mart store as well. It could be on there end.

Last edited by rockratt; 03-10-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt View Post
I would contact the Wal-Mart store as well. It could be on there end.
Unfortunately, I'm more inclined to believe that in today's economy than one of the machines is off at Winchester.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 03-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortinsj View Post
My local Walmart finally got a decent shipment of ammo in. I was able to grab a few 100 round value packs of 9mm for my XDM. Well I got home and opened up one of the boxes and I saw the ammo was loose. Something told me to count the rounds. I did and sure enough, every box was short. In all, I only got 287/300 rounds. Has anyone else had this occur to them. I want to contact winchester but I don't know if they'll be able to do anything about it.
Short 13 rounds eh; that's about a mag on some of the smaller nines, like my Bersa Thunder9 UCP. Maybe an employee had to reload for their shift?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 948 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 391

I'm guessing it's a Walmart deal! Somebody probably dumped the pallet, and rather than go through each open/ spilled box they more than likely just started putting them into boxes before a supervisor found out. Then again it could just be employee theft a little at a time.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #7

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Take the short box back to Wal-mart with you're receipt they have to give you you're money back or replace the item.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:09 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Friend bought a TV at Wal-Mart. Got it home and opened the box the TV had been replaced with a bundle of shingles. Theft by employees at all retail stores is a big problem.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:12 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt
Friend bought a TV at Wal-Mart. Got it home and opened the box the TV had been replaced with a bundle of shingles. Theft by employees at all retail stores is a big problem.
This is most probably theft by a customer. I used to work at target and people would return items with all kinds of **** in the original boxes. Tv and appliance boxes with rocks/canned goods etc instead of the original item and hoping the employees didn't open the box when they returned it. It would be tough for an employee to walk out with a tv without being noticed.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by andichrist View Post
This is most probably theft by a customer. I used to work at target and people would return items with all kinds of **** in the original boxes. Tv and appliance boxes with rocks/canned goods etc instead of the original item and hoping the employees didn't open the box when they returned it. It would be tough for an employee to walk out with a tv without being noticed.
I agree but I worked at Wally World and have seen first hand what can grow legs and walk. Where theres a will there is a way!!!