Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Winchester 9mm (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/winchester-9mm-86230/)

fortinsj 03-10-2013 07:36 PM

Winchester 9mm

My local Walmart finally got a decent shipment of ammo in. I was able to grab a few 100 round value packs of 9mm for my XDM. Well I got home and opened up one of the boxes and I saw the ammo was loose. Something told me to count the rounds. I did and sure enough, every box was short. In all, I only got 287/300 rounds. Has anyone else had this occur to them. I want to contact winchester but I don't know if they'll be able to do anything about it.

JTJ 03-10-2013 08:01 PM

5 pound bags of sugar are now 4 pounds but dont cost less. A lot of products have been downsized for the same money. Just how dumb do companies think we are? May be Winchester is doing it in a small way.:rolleyes: Seriously, contact Winchester and let them know. It could be a machine is set a little off. They might send you a coupon but more than likely it will be a canned response.

rockratt 03-10-2013 08:28 PM

I would contact the Wal-Mart store as well. It could be on there end.

ScottA 03-10-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockratt (Post 1171283)
I would contact the Wal-Mart store as well. It could be on there end.

Unfortunately, I'm more inclined to believe that in today's economy than one of the machines is off at Winchester.

orangello 03-10-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortinsj (Post 1171237)
My local Walmart finally got a decent shipment of ammo in. I was able to grab a few 100 round value packs of 9mm for my XDM. Well I got home and opened up one of the boxes and I saw the ammo was loose. Something told me to count the rounds. I did and sure enough, every box was short. In all, I only got 287/300 rounds. Has anyone else had this occur to them. I want to contact winchester but I don't know if they'll be able to do anything about it.

Short 13 rounds eh; that's about a mag on some of the smaller nines, like my Bersa Thunder9 UCP. Maybe an employee had to reload for their shift?

BigB 03-10-2013 08:43 PM

I'm guessing it's a Walmart deal! Somebody probably dumped the pallet, and rather than go through each open/ spilled box they more than likely just started putting them into boxes before a supervisor found out. Then again it could just be employee theft a little at a time.

SigArmored 03-11-2013 12:03 AM

Take the short box back to Wal-mart with you're receipt they have to give you you're money back or replace the item.

rockratt 03-11-2013 12:09 AM

Friend bought a TV at Wal-Mart. Got it home and opened the box the TV had been replaced with a bundle of shingles. Theft by employees at all retail stores is a big problem.

andichrist 03-11-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockratt
Friend bought a TV at Wal-Mart. Got it home and opened the box the TV had been replaced with a bundle of shingles. Theft by employees at all retail stores is a big problem.

This is most probably theft by a customer. I used to work at target and people would return items with all kinds of **** in the original boxes. Tv and appliance boxes with rocks/canned goods etc instead of the original item and hoping the employees didn't open the box when they returned it. It would be tough for an employee to walk out with a tv without being noticed.

rockratt 03-11-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andichrist (Post 1171522)
This is most probably theft by a customer. I used to work at target and people would return items with all kinds of **** in the original boxes. Tv and appliance boxes with rocks/canned goods etc instead of the original item and hoping the employees didn't open the box when they returned it. It would be tough for an employee to walk out with a tv without being noticed.

I agree but I worked at Wally World and have seen first hand what can grow legs and walk. Where theres a will there is a way!!!