Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Will work for ammo !!!!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 05:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
brockly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 74
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Will work for ammo !!!!

Lol sad to say I am willing to work part time at bass pro shop to be first in line to get ammo.

Yeah I have a full time job that I don't need that job. But willing to work 2 to 3 day to get my hand on ammo.

But it's not that bad I would work at Walmart

I hope it don't get that bad lol

__________________
brockly is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 08-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,724
Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockly
Lol sad to say I am willing to work part time at bass pro shop to be first in line to get ammo.

Yeah I have a full time job that I don't need that job. But willing to work 2 to 3 day to get my hand on ammo.

But it's not that bad I would work at Walmart

I hope it don't get that bad lol
Must not be lessening in your area. It's getting better here, right in the middle of the land of the heathens.
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
brockly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 74
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default

I'm from California :/ it's all ways less here except the Laws lol

__________________
brockly is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
num1dude13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 72
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockly
I'm from California :/ it's all ways less here except the Laws lol
Which area are you from? I wouldn't attempt to get ammo from bass pro(ontario i'm guessing). If your around me then i would check out the local gun shops. stocks ok just expensive still.
__________________
num1dude13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:11 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,944
Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1dude13

Which area are you from? I wouldn't attempt to get ammo from bass pro(ontario i'm guessing). If your around me then i would check out the local gun shops. stocks ok just expensive still.
I was picking up IMI M193 for $12 a box at bass pro till they sold out of it this year. No lines unless the weekend or a holiday and decent prices. Plus they usually have SOMETHING in stock.... Nothing wrong with Bass Pro.
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:17 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dcilten's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 181
Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Default

Yeah, where are you at in Cali? If you're close to Nevada, swing there and get you're ammo! I live in Reno, and the stuff is pretty much fully stocked at Scheels, Cabelas, and all the local gun shops. The only place it's hard to get around here is Walmart, but even then the last couple weeks I was able to score 3 boxes of 5.56/.223 at a couple different stores. I was at Cabelas a couple days ago and they are having their Labor Day sale, good prices, $8.99 for PMC Bronze 5.56, and the PMC X-TAC was $9.99. The limit restriction wasn't in effect either, so I picked up like 12 boxes.

__________________
dcilten is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
unclebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bardstown,Kentucky
Posts: 1,101
Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default

It could be worse just thinking about it, the other day I fixed my uncle lawnmower for a 100 rounds of 45, 40 rounds of 7.62X39, and a six pack of miller light. Trust me when I say he got off cheap, for all the work I had to do to that mower if it wasn't for the beer and ammo I probably wouldn't have done it.

But you do make a point get a job at bass pro and be an inside man for the ammo shipment. It's a good plan but I don't really see working at bass pro as a bad thing they get a discount right?

Now walmart is a huge step down from Bass Pro but then again if it pays the bills and gets you ammo now and then I wouldn't complain.

__________________

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

unclebear is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
num1dude13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 72
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

I was picking up IMI M193 for $12 a box at bass pro till they sold out of it this year. No lines unless the weekend or a holiday and decent prices. Plus they usually have SOMETHING in stock.... Nothing wrong with Bass Pro.
I was speaking in terms of the present situation. I haven't seen ammo there in 5 months.
__________________
num1dude13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,944
Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1dude13

I was speaking in terms of the present situation. I haven't seen ammo there in 5 months.
Just bought some .223 Barnes VOR-TX there last month. They had a selection. Maybe it's just your local store.
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:04 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
brockly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 74
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1dude13

Which area are you from? I wouldn't attempt to get ammo from bass pro(ontario i'm guessing). If your around me then i would check out the local gun shops. stocks ok just expensive still.
Modesto. Have to drive to Manteca. So that's a 15 min drive and did it twice and I got there and was sold out. (Pissed). Daily I call 4 walmarts to ask about .22lr and FMJ 9mm. And have a 20% they have some and then 60% they have it when I get there. The joys of ammo
__________________
brockly is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Will Work For Ammo. imdaveg Ammunition & Reloading 17 03-13-2013 02:11 AM
will it work minty280 AR-15 Discussion 8 11-17-2012 02:54 AM
New gun at work ShagNasty1001 AR-15 Discussion 25 02-12-2012 10:38 PM
Fun Day At Work !! yesicarry The Club House 6 02-22-2010 04:25 PM
Ammo swap will it work? madodge68 Semi-Auto Handguns 3 08-12-2008 02:50 PM



Newest Threads