Will it stop? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Will it stop?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 02:48 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 339 Times on 271 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
I disagree. I think he'd climb out of his hole to track down the SOB that did it.
I greatly prefer shooting steel. 1911s, CZ 75, BHP, revolvers...I have each because I have a great affinity for each. But if I had to hit the road tomorrow and remain mobile...I'd take my polymer XDm. High capacity, lighter weight, ultra reliable, never at the mercy of the elements; and honestly...tupperware just ain't pretty enough to care whether you smash and scratch the hell outta it!

I prefer steel (and alloy Sigs, for that matter), but I certainly do value polymer. There's a level of practicality that just can't be denied, IMO. And I'm certainly one who identifies with those who dramatically lean toward steel/metal frames.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:51 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby

I disagree. I think he'd climb out of his hole to track down the SOB that did it.
Even better. Then he could design something new and wonderful.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:00 AM   #23

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

A cure? Yes!!

I have some red, white, and blue glasses.

They only see American made products.

Works great. But man, the day my dad borrowed my Ford truck and left me his Toyota, I had to call someone to help me find the car..

Old 03-13-2012, 03:12 AM   #24

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
I greatly prefer shooting steel. 1911s, CZ 75, BHP, revolvers...I have each because I have a great affinity for each. But if I had to hit the road tomorrow and remain mobile...I'd take my polymer XDm. High capacity, lighter weight, ultra reliable, never at the mercy of the elements; and honestly...tupperware just ain't pretty enough to care whether you smash and scratch the hell outta it!

I prefer steel (and alloy Sigs, for that matter), but I certainly do value polymer. There's a level of practicality that just can't be denied, IMO. And I'm certainly one who identifies with those who dramatically lean toward steel/metal frames.

I have the XD 9, and it is a great gun. But when I get my 1911? It ain't gonna be poly. I have a great time with my XD. Uglier than an ugly fat chick at a buffet, and meaner than her too. But I simply find something nice and respectable about the classic 1911. You don't fix it if it ain't broken.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I'd like to get about half a dozen CZ 2075 RAMI's in .40 S&W, but I haven't found a dealer in SC that carries them.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:37 AM   #26

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22

I totally respect polymer too it's just steel has its advantages

Old 03-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 337 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 158

Nothing can match the "feel" of an all steel 1911. With that out of the way, the practical advantage of polymer is corrosion resistance. When people see a gun, they just can't seem to help themselves; they have to leave paw prints. If left untreated, these become rust.

My nightstand gun is polymer because if I have to 2X security in the middle of the night, I don't have to wipe the gun down before getting back to bed. In addition, I'm sure I'm not the only one to sweat lowering the hammer on a 1911 when half awake. I keep a whole lotta flesh between hammer & pin.

On thread: I own a CZ 50 - 1950s design and the legendary 75 which was probably the best combat double action pistol [B]in its day.[B] Col. Cooper even acknowledged it was a proven platform & worthy of note. My primary complaint w be it had more muzzle flip than an all steel, full size pistol should have in 9 mm IMO.

CZ has a long and storied history but doesn't get the respect it deserves in American mkts for some reason or another.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
A cure? Yes!!

I have some red, white, and blue glasses.

They only see American made products.

Works great. But man, the day my dad borrowed my Ford truck and left me his Toyota, I had to call someone to help me find the car..

i understand that for alot of products

but for a CZ...dude, really?

Any one that hates the government is not always a terrorist. Any one for a better America is not always a patriot.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

One reason CZ's don't have a big inroad into the American gun market is lack of availability. I have a long list of CZ's I'd like to buy, but can't find a dealer who sells them.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:20 AM   #30

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

I'd spend a lot of money on a full auto scorpion.