Will it stop?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Will it stop?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default Will it stop?

About 2 months ago I bought a CZ-85B. I fell in love with it. A month ago I go to get some more range ammo and see a CZ P07 and it was great but I didnt buy it because it was to much. Later that day when we go to the range they have the same gun for a much better price so I buy it. Yesterday I went to get ammo again and just glance at the counter and see they have 8 CZ-82's. Guess what. I walked out with one. Is there any cure for this CZ obsession? None of my friends have even heard of CZ guns and I dont understand why, they are the best I have ever shot!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #2

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

I notice it comes in cycles for me.

Like, every time I walk into a certain gun store,

they're having a 20% off sale. I always seem to find a gun I like

at a sick price OTD.

I like CZs. Have you seen the CZ58?

Old 03-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 246 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Whether rifle, pistol, or shotgun, CZ makes really solid guns. CZ 9mms (especially model 75/variants) are exceptional.

I like to try on as many different types of guns as possible. In my opinion, the two best $500-ish steel framed handguns in current production are the CZ 75 and the Ruger GP100. Both have a nice finish, are built to last, ultra-reliable, and are true value purchases.

But that's just one weirdo's opinion.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #4

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4
About 2 months ago I bought a CZ-85B. I fell in love with it. A month ago I go to get some more range ammo and see a CZ P07 and it was great but I didnt buy it because it was to much. Later that day when we go to the range they have the same gun for a much better price so I buy it. Yesterday I went to get ammo again and just glance at the counter and see they have 8 CZ-82's. Guess what. I walked out with one. Is there any cure for this CZ obsession? None of my friends have even heard of CZ guns and I dont understand why, they are the best I have ever shot!
When you get your cz~75,(and we know you will) give us a range report. It is my next gun.

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #5

i too have fallen prey to this disease. i was looking into getting a new .45 then i saw it. CZ-75 Phantom. i actually fought with myself-and my father-over getting a 9mm. now, its my sweet beautiful guilty pleasure.

<Insert overused badass Latin phrase about war, or something>

Any one that hates the government is not always a terrorist. Any one for a better America is not always a patriot.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliferrum
i too have fallen prey to this disease. i was looking into getting a new .45 then i saw it. CZ-75 Phantom. i actually fought with myself-and my father-over getting a 9mm. now, its my sweet beautiful guilty pleasure.
I was thinking about the phantom but now leaning towards the tactical because of all steel and stock night sights.

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I was thinking about the phantom but now leaning towards the tactical because of all steel and stock night sights.
word. all steel is a way to go, but i dont know, the poly feel of this is nowhere near like a glocks. the poly on this, i dont know, feels ceramic, fine. it dosnt feel like that plastic thing that covers your bolt on your seatbelts.

Thats why i didnt really care till my hand wrapped around it and i held it for the first time. ive always loved CZ. they are the most comfortable weapon i have ever held. My father has a standard 40cal 75 model, the one that looks like a hi power, but to me that was like a blonde, hot, but not my type.

but the phantom, when i held it, i heard it say "come with me, join the dark side, and together, we shall rule the galaxy." and i said "yes my master." but the guy at the counter interrupted me by asking me "what?" so i ran home and tried to fight the dark side. but i failed and took my place in the darksi-wait, where was i?

<Insert overused badass Latin phrase about war, or something>

Any one that hates the government is not always a terrorist. Any one for a better America is not always a patriot.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:01 AM   #8

Yea, I'm getting one. Until then I will shoot my cz~52. If you ever get a chance to shoot one, do it. The 7.62x25 hits harder than most 357s iirc.

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #9

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

The phantom is like the closest thing to a polymer frame 1911.. I like it.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 03-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #10

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
The phantom is like the closest thing to a polymer frame 1911.. I like it.
A polymer framed 1911 would be blasphemy I say!