Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Will it stop? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/will-stop-60016/)

bigbomar4 03-12-2012 02:43 AM

Will it stop?
 
About 2 months ago I bought a CZ-85B. I fell in love with it. A month ago I go to get some more range ammo and see a CZ P07 and it was great but I didnt buy it because it was to much. Later that day when we go to the range they have the same gun for a much better price so I buy it. Yesterday I went to get ammo again and just glance at the counter and see they have 8 CZ-82's. Guess what. I walked out with one. Is there any cure for this CZ obsession? None of my friends have even heard of CZ guns and I dont understand why, they are the best I have ever shot!

therewolf 03-12-2012 07:06 AM

I notice it comes in cycles for me.

Like, every time I walk into a certain gun store,

they're having a 20% off sale. I always seem to find a gun I like

at a sick price OTD.

I like CZs. Have you seen the CZ58?

sweeper22 03-13-2012 01:20 AM

Whether rifle, pistol, or shotgun, CZ makes really solid guns. CZ 9mms (especially model 75/variants) are exceptional.

I like to try on as many different types of guns as possible. In my opinion, the two best $500-ish steel framed handguns in current production are the CZ 75 and the Ruger GP100. Both have a nice finish, are built to last, ultra-reliable, and are true value purchases.

But that's just one weirdo's opinion.

downsouth 03-13-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbomar4
About 2 months ago I bought a CZ-85B. I fell in love with it. A month ago I go to get some more range ammo and see a CZ P07 and it was great but I didnt buy it because it was to much. Later that day when we go to the range they have the same gun for a much better price so I buy it. Yesterday I went to get ammo again and just glance at the counter and see they have 8 CZ-82's. Guess what. I walked out with one. Is there any cure for this CZ obsession? None of my friends have even heard of CZ guns and I dont understand why, they are the best I have ever shot!

When you get your cz~75,(and we know you will) give us a range report. It is my next gun.

Soliferrum 03-13-2012 01:39 AM

i too have fallen prey to this disease. i was looking into getting a new .45 then i saw it. CZ-75 Phantom. i actually fought with myself-and my father-over getting a 9mm. now, its my sweet beautiful guilty pleasure.

downsouth 03-13-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliferrum
i too have fallen prey to this disease. i was looking into getting a new .45 then i saw it. CZ-75 Phantom. i actually fought with myself-and my father-over getting a 9mm. now, its my sweet beautiful guilty pleasure.

I was thinking about the phantom but now leaning towards the tactical because of all steel and stock night sights.

Soliferrum 03-13-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth (Post 738336)
I was thinking about the phantom but now leaning towards the tactical because of all steel and stock night sights.

word. all steel is a way to go, but i dont know, the poly feel of this is nowhere near like a glocks. the poly on this, i dont know, feels ceramic, fine. it dosnt feel like that plastic thing that covers your bolt on your seatbelts.

Thats why i didnt really care till my hand wrapped around it and i held it for the first time. ive always loved CZ. they are the most comfortable weapon i have ever held. My father has a standard 40cal 75 model, the one that looks like a hi power, but to me that was like a blonde, hot, but not my type.

but the phantom, when i held it, i heard it say "come with me, join the dark side, and together, we shall rule the galaxy." and i said "yes my master." but the guy at the counter interrupted me by asking me "what?" so i ran home and tried to fight the dark side. but i failed and took my place in the darksi-wait, where was i?

downsouth 03-13-2012 02:01 AM

Yea, I'm getting one. Until then I will shoot my cz~52. If you ever get a chance to shoot one, do it. The 7.62x25 hits harder than most 357s iirc.

MrWray 03-13-2012 02:04 AM

The phantom is like the closest thing to a polymer frame 1911.. I like it.

RustyShackleford101 03-13-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray
The phantom is like the closest thing to a polymer frame 1911.. I like it.

A polymer framed 1911 would be blasphemy I say!


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:55 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.