Wildey .475 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Wildey .475

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 03:53 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Michigan, what is this infatuation you have for wanting to carry such a large, heavy caliber handgun? Do you think that big a handgun is necessary for putting down a BG for personal defense? You are not, in your mind, trying to compensate for the lack of something are you? No offense here, I just am curious.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-02-2009, 05:37 AM   #12

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Michigan, what is this infatuation you have for wanting to carry such a large, heavy caliber handgun? Do you think that big a handgun is necessary for putting down a BG for personal defense? You are not, in your mind, trying to compensate for the lack of something are you? No offense here, I just am curious.

Jack
Taken down.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Last edited by michigan0626; 09-02-2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Legal

Old 09-02-2009, 06:54 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

All you need for home defense is a good 12guage with an 18.5" barrel.

You don't need to spend $2000 either.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #14

I think that taking multiple precautions is a much better home defense plan than having the biggest gun possible. I choose to have guns I could *shoot in my sleep*, I also have a driveway alarm, a dog trained to alert, and other weapons placed throughout the house.

But if you feel the need to carry around a giant gun by all means go for it, its all about the freedom of doing so

Old 09-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I won't disagree with Jess, JD or goju....I personally think this is one of the worst CC pistols you could select. In my mind this is even worse than a DE. Will it stop a person? Yes, but it would also stop a buffalo. This is way too much gun. You'll spend a fortune on the gun itself, you'll spend a fortune feeding it and learning how to actually shoot it. As JD mentioned, it is a seriously over-engineered pistol that I think you'll spend as much time tuning as you will shooting. If you want a solid, known man stopper get a 45acp, 357 mag or even a 44mag and save the 475 for the bears.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #16

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
I want the biggest weapon for home defense for a couple of reasons. First I already know the pc story you have to tell cops for a shooting, so my not pc reason is, if i encounter a BG in my home, car, or public I want to kill them. One it keeps the streets safer because they will never harm anyone again, two, its population control. Get rid of all the BG's (legal shootings not murder *disclaimer*)and its a safer country. It would put me out of a job cuz im a CO right now. Im lucky that I live in Florida. We have the Castle Doctrine, where you can shoot a BG without first having to retriete. Plus I just heard somewhere, I think foxnews from one of the lawyers, that you can still shoot a BG in the back when he is trying to get away while he is still on your property or in your car. They wrote the law like that I think to deter BGs from trying to do harm. Would you break in knowing you could get shot in the back while trying to get away. I wouldnt.
I sure as hell hope you don't live near me! You're a walking collateral count!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #17

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Last edited by michigan0626; 09-02-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #18

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

If you're ever involved in a shooting let's hope the DA never sees what you posted above. You've decided up front to kill any intruder - including shooting them in the back. Not the sort of thing I'd post on a open public forum...

Old 09-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #19

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
Is there really something wrong with having a gun that with a properly aimed shot to chest will result in probable death. Im not saying I wouldnt carry a hi-cap 9mm or .40 or .45.
There is if it continues to travel through the neighbors house and then a school!

You really need to become a supporting member so you can get into the knowledge center and let osmosis enlighten you.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #20

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Using an oversized and overpowered round for home defense = you being reckless with the safety of the neighbors around you.

Stick with something like a .45 ACP, and you'll have your defense needs covered. Get a full size 5" Government 1911 in .45 ACP, and get a smaller version (like a Colt Defender) also in .45 ACP for concealed carry. You will be all set, and good to go.

Also, you need to change your attitude towards defending your home with a quickness. There is no excuse for acting like some vigiliante (probably spelled that wrong). The goal is to defend and stop the threat. If you shoot someone in the back, you are a coward, plain and simple.