Why are people like this with handguns? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Why are people like this with handguns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 01:02 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Robo is killing threads early today...

Old 03-31-2010, 01:43 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 59

A lot of people are clueless. First thing I do when I purchase a new firearm is read the manual and strip/clean it to become as familiar with it as I can.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #13

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzai View Post
What a sorry individual....
I cant stand when people ask for info and then blow it off as if you're an idiot.
I like it even better when they ARGUE with you. I had a guy approach me with a box of .35 Rem and a box of .35 Whelen and ask if I knew if he could shoot the bigger rounds in his Marlin 336. I told him they wouldn't fit and he started arguing with me telling me he'd done it before. I decided he was just too dumb for my time (and a liar to boot). He finally walked away and I saw him purchase some ammo. I approached the guy at the register (friend of mine) and asked what he bought? .35 Whelen....

Old 03-31-2010, 03:57 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2865 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Darwin awards are given for these people.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-31-2010, 06:29 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I can understand confusion over ammo. The names that have been used to differentiate different ammo of the same caliber can be confusing to those who are new to guns, or at least new to the caliber. But if you are going to ask someone, you should at least listen to the advice you get. Frankly, most people who know little about guns think the only thing to measure by is the caliber, so one kind of .45 is the same as any other kind of .45, right? And all .45 is more powerful than .30 because the number is bigger, right? And why is there a period in front of the number?

Person A, though, needs a serious tune-up. If you have kids and you aren't sure where your gun is, you are asking for trouble. And when the kids become teenagers and have the wrong kind of friends over, you can bet the kids will know where the gun is, and we're likely to see them on the news.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 03-31-2010, 06:34 PM   #16

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

The stupidity extends to the gun stores as well. A fella I knew from work bought a Bersa .380 and they sold him a box of .38 Special to go with it. He knew I was a gun guy and I laughed when he showed me the gun and the ammo. I swapped him some .380 for the .38 so he could at least try it out...

(And yes, I did provide a quick lesson on how to take down, clean, and care for his gun)

Old 03-31-2010, 06:44 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A guy at the range the other day came around to my line and asked me if I wanted his box of 9mm, as they didn't work in his new XD. He said he thought it was bad ammo, but I was welcome to it if I wanted it. Of course it was a box of 9mm Browning (380)--I gladly accepted and gave him a partial box of 9mm Luger Whitebox to see if those would "work" in his gun.

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 03-31-2010, 07:16 PM   #18

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Tell them to go try this

Old 03-31-2010, 07:24 PM   #19

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

People are dumb with guns, just like they are dumb with lawn mowers, knives, axes, electric fences, cars, airplanes, you name it.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:42 PM   #20

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

a New guy at work has a Hi-point. He says it has trouble feeding rounds. He brought it for me to look at. ITs a .45acp pistol, that was loaded with .45 GAP.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?