Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > And why not carry smaller calibers?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 01:41 AM   #521
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Balota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Glenpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 2,748
Liked 1752 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 2020

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
Almost looks like someone put something on backwards

It was supposed to be covering the trigger guard, but it must have slipped...
__________________

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Balota is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:29 AM   #522
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,512
Liked 2447 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
thanks, i think!
What can I say? Emergency management's a bitch.

Sorry...



WILL YOU GUYS PLEASE, PLEASE S T O P

showing that glock/panties thing? I am

running out of eye-bleach!
__________________
therewolf is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #523
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,660
Liked 6960 Times on 4187 Posts
Likes Given: 8374

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
That is a good looking gun. I like Winds SIG, too. Maybe she'll post it.
Dang, not after the thong photo.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #524
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
wittmeba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The state for Lovers
Posts: 1,097
Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
It was supposed to be covering the trigger guard, but it must have slipped...
OK...got ya!
__________________
NRA Member - Over 5,000,000 strong!
Criminals don't discriminate. They will attack anywhere!

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
wittmeba is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #525
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North West,Maine
Posts: 384
Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
well, being the best is not always a gaurantee of winning. sometimes being lucky is much better. i don't claim to be the best shot, but i do practice some.

with the Taurus 25 auto my brother bought i was able to keep nine rounds inside of a 9" plate at 7 yards. the pistol actually performed pretty good.
Your brother is going to really piss someone off with that pistol when he uses it for self defense...then the real fun begins
__________________
MaineMan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:27 PM   #526
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Posts: 28,208
Liked 20920 Times on 11885 Posts
Likes Given: 52455

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMan View Post
Your brother is going to really piss someone off with that pistol when he uses it for self defense...then the real fun begins
i would doubt that. a face full of ten 25 auto bullets should slow down even the largest people. he also keeps a 357 magnum in the desk drawer at work. the 25 is only because he can carry it in his pocket and it not be noticed and in his way. allows him to be able to get to his larger pistol if they want to carry the fight further after being shot with the25 auto.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
To the victor, go the spoils of war.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:39 PM   #527
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North West,Maine
Posts: 384
Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Default

back in the old days everyone was scared of even the Derringer, The 22 killed almost everyone it connected with, because they died of infection, the bullet couldn't be recovered, no antibiotics, and the lube they used was bad medicine. The small calibers still kill and even better than before, but are they trustable fight stoppers? Can you really trust that the other guy will be too afraid of getting shot? Can you trust your hollow point to spread out? Can you trust your 380 will not to jam if you need a second shot? so many variables to think about

__________________
MaineMan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #528
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North West,Maine
Posts: 384
Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i would doubt that. a face full of ten 25 auto bullets should slow down even the largest people. he also keeps a 357 magnum in the desk drawer at work. the 25 is only because he can carry it in his pocket and it not be noticed and in his way. allows him to be able to get to his larger pistol if they want to carry the fight further after being shot with the25 auto.
It was a failed attempt at humor
__________________
MaineMan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:56 PM   #529
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Posts: 28,208
Liked 20920 Times on 11885 Posts
Likes Given: 52455

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMan View Post
It was a failed attempt at humor
as that my brother and i have been around guns for many, many years and have shot quite a bit over the years and have a fair understanding of them and ballistics, we both realize that a 25 isn't the same as some larger calibers in being able to stop a fight. but that 25 in his pocket is still more than nothing but lint in his pocket if someone tries to rob him. plus if they are shot with it, either two things will happen, they will run off, or lay down because they were shot, or it will slow them down long enough for him to get to the 357 if they want to continue the encounter. they may survive the 25, but highly unlickely they will the 357.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
To the victor, go the spoils of war.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:02 PM   #530
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North West,Maine
Posts: 384
Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
as that my brother and i have been around guns for many, many years and have shot quite a bit over the years and have a fair understanding of them and ballistics, we both realize that a 25 isn't the same as some larger calibers in being able to stop a fight. but that 25 in his pocket is still more than nothing but lint in his pocket if someone tries to rob him. plus if they are shot with it, either two things will happen, they will run off, or lay down because they were shot, or it will slow them down long enough for him to get to the 357 if they want to continue the encounter. they may survive the 25, but highly unlickely they will the 357.
For caring in his store, its a good choice I suppose. Like you said for that purpose its better than lint.
__________________
MaineMan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Training smaller people on the Glock 22 Mario Glock Forum 7 03-30-2013 02:45 AM
What is a good AR for a smaller shooter MikeBofAZ AR-15 Discussion 8 11-27-2012 05:54 AM
Let's talk SMALLer adjohns3 Semi-Auto Handguns 8 12-29-2011 03:09 AM
How to make avatar pic smaller? LittleDragon The Club House 7 04-03-2011 02:30 AM
smaller shotgun for older man with little recoil.. shnorse General Shotgun Discussion 27 08-05-2008 11:20 PM