Why do u carry?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Why do u carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Why do u carry?

45.acp 40.s&w 9mm or what ever u perfer to carry or how you perfer to carry most of us on here carry something. We all have our different reasons for carrying. There is a few reasons i carry on a daily baises one is for self defense another reason is because its part of my job and the final reason is because it is a God given right to me by my fore fathers who fought and created this country. I carry because i refuse to be a sheep being lead to the slaughter.

So if you would take some time out to discuss why you carry and what it means to you to be able to carry maybe somebody comming on here who is thinking about getting a CPL will read this thread and it might help them with why so many people carry..

“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.”
William S. Burroughs quotes

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
P90

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I carry because I can't afford to hire Bodyguards. I am responsible for my Family, and my personal protection. Carrying is the only way I know to insure that protection.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Cops are too heavy.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Default +1 with 1 Additional Thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P90 View Post
I carry because I can't afford to hire Bodyguards. I am responsible for my Family, and my personal protection. Carrying is the only way I know to insure that protection.
+1 Ditto To this I can only add that merely carrying a weapon without having the will to use it, as well as the skill to wield it will do you no good at all against a determined, hardened violent criminal.

There have been, are now and always will be human predators who'll prey on those who are weaker then them. Like most predators they tend to operate in packs (or gangs if you will). It was once said that, "God created all men, but Sam Colt made them equal." In many ways that is a true statement, provided that both men possess the same weapons and level of skill using them.

Fortunately, a great many street thugs aren't hardened yet and will often run away once they find out that the individual they believed would be an easy victim is armed. One can ill afford to assume a would be robber, rapists, etc. will tuck tail and run away at the sight of a gun produced from concealment.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8883 Times on 3846 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

Because if there is more than two of you, I am too damned old to kick your ass, take your weapon away from you, empty YOUR pockets, and pee on you to mark my territory.

What I carry depends on what I am wearing, where I am going, etc. Either a .38 Special, .357, or a .45 auto.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:18 AM   #6

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

The local PD is 7 min reponse time, I am too old to run, never was a fighter, I have a duty to protect myself and my wife, old folks are premium targets, and because of all of this do not mess with an old fart because he will just have to kill you.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"

Old 05-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5686 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 377

im not a sheeple

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #8

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I have carried most of the time for the last 41+ years, it is my responcibility to protect myself and my family.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:21 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 05-03-2011, 01:42 AM   #10

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Because life is just too precious to lose it over some twit not wanting to be identified after stealing my last $20!!

People get the government they deserve.