Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Why do people think police are so quick to kill you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 11:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Why do people think police are so quick to kill you?

I know police are cautious, and they have good reason, but I don't think that every cop is that triger happy. If they are so quick to kill you for giving them information that they probably need to know then they need another job. People on here talk like cops are killers not defenders. If I get pulled and I think the police need to know I have a gun in my car, then I am going to just say it. He can asked me anything else after that to find out my motive. I am not affraid of police because I think that most of them are not out just to make you go to jail. Aceholes are in every perfection so I don't think all are for the peace. But I think most are trained well and want shoot unless threaten. Me saying sir I have a gun in my car ain't a threat.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2007, 11:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45forlife View Post
I know police are cautious, and they have good reason, but I don't think that every cop is that triger happy. If they are so quick to kill you for giving them information that they probably need to know then they need another job. People on here talk like cops are killers not defenders. If I get pulled and I think the police need to know I have a gun in my car, then I am going to just say it. He can asked me anything else after that to find out my motive. I am not affraid of police because I think that most of them are not out just to make you go to jail. Aceholes are in every perfection so I don't think all are for the peace. But I think most are trained well and want shoot unless threaten. Me saying sir I have a gun in my car ain't a threat.
Better to get caught with it than with out it.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:49 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Better to get caught with it than with out it.
Are you talking to yourself?

Old 12-05-2007, 01:49 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Are you talking to yourself?
I think he is.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:15 AM   #5

I am new to this so I was trying to put my quote with my statement but it didn't work that way.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:19 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
I am new to this so I was trying to put my quote with my statement but it didn't work that way.
That's what the edit button is for. If you click on it, it opens the post in new window that can be edited.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:19 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
That's what the edit button is for. If you click on it, it opens the post in new window that can be edited.
These intarwebs can be a little tricky at first.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #8

Default police threat!!!

the police deal with scum sucking pieces of sh$$ everyday, they have every right to be a lot worried about you or anybody else, and that quit frankly worries me with good cause as any rookie could get nervous and accidentally discharge his weapon causing injury or death, this is why it is of the utmost importance to keep your hands in full view and do everything the officer instructs you to do to the T. and always inform him or her that you are in possession of a firearm if that's the case, when ever I get pulled over I always hang my arms out the window up to my elbows and show nothing but the utmost respect and courtesy, these guys do a job I would not wish on an enemy, and have know idea what you are about and must treat you as a threat from the git go, as to do other wise even one time could result in death, I'm sure not a chance they are willing to take, so don't take it personal, anybody that thinks poorly of the police obviously are doing something wrong, you would have to look long and hard to find a more honorable person, sure there are some bad eggs, just like everything, but probably one in a million nation wide. More times than not you can thank your lucky a$$ for the police!!!

If you run your just going to die tired!!!

Old 12-07-2007, 05:08 AM   #9

Default Not always a good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrem700 View Post
when ever I get pulled over I always hang my arms out the window up to my elbows and show nothing but the utmost respect and courtesy,
Several years ago my friends got pulled over on a bull****-stop. Knowing the routine, they were all as polite and respectful as we could be, to no avail.

I was in the back-driverside-seat; wearing a ragged t-shirt/jeans, from landscaping that day, zoned-out - more asleep than not, and hanging my arm out the window. Well all THAT pissed the officer off. Not only did he write the BS ticket, but it came out later he almost had us out of the car - all because of ME...

Apparently my "clean-cut-dress" made a bad impression, and my "bad-confrontational-attitude" pissed him off. (a hard-days work is a crime, and (nearly)falling asleep is a confrontational bad-attitude in NJ...)

What REALLY sent him over the edge though was my arm dangling out the window. Aside from my reclined position being dis-respectful, it was too close to his gun.

First - he has feet, Second - he could ask me to move my arm, Third - where HIS gun was, was about the farthest thing on my mind...

Nonetheless - the moral is to always keep your hands on the wheel. And when in doubt, have your passengers do the same.....

__

Raven

Old 12-11-2007, 10:33 PM   #10

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I know of no cop, local, state or federal, who actually wants to kill someone. Those kinds of people are generally weeded out in the selection process. Some get through in the smaller, poorer police departments, but the vast majority of cops just want to survive the day and go home. Many cops who do have to take a life, wind up leaving the profession within a year.

It would be interesting to hear the officer's perspective in Raven's encounter. I'd be willilng to bet there was an attitude in there somewhere. Are there Charlie Sierra cops who write Charlie Sierra tickets? You betcha. They tend to be the officers who are a bit weary of prying dead bodies out of crushed cars.

Anyone who thinks that cops are trigger happy gun slingers who enjoy killling, are watching entirely too much TV / movies / video games / whatever.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved