Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Why do people think police are so quick to kill you? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/why-do-people-think-police-so-quick-kill-you-2725/)

45forlife 12-05-2007 12:09 AM

Why do people think police are so quick to kill you?
 
I know police are cautious, and they have good reason, but I don't think that every cop is that triger happy. If they are so quick to kill you for giving them information that they probably need to know then they need another job. People on here talk like cops are killers not defenders. If I get pulled and I think the police need to know I have a gun in my car, then I am going to just say it. He can asked me anything else after that to find out my motive. I am not affraid of police because I think that most of them are not out just to make you go to jail. Aceholes are in every perfection so I don't think all are for the peace. But I think most are trained well and want shoot unless threaten. Me saying sir I have a gun in my car ain't a threat.

45forlife 12-05-2007 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45forlife (Post 12375)
I know police are cautious, and they have good reason, but I don't think that every cop is that triger happy. If they are so quick to kill you for giving them information that they probably need to know then they need another job. People on here talk like cops are killers not defenders. If I get pulled and I think the police need to know I have a gun in my car, then I am going to just say it. He can asked me anything else after that to find out my motive. I am not affraid of police because I think that most of them are not out just to make you go to jail. Aceholes are in every perfection so I don't think all are for the peace. But I think most are trained well and want shoot unless threaten. Me saying sir I have a gun in my car ain't a threat.

Better to get caught with it than with out it.

matt g 12-05-2007 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45forlife (Post 12376)
Better to get caught with it than with out it.

Are you talking to yourself?

matt g 12-05-2007 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 12383)
Are you talking to yourself?

I think he is.

45forlife 12-05-2007 05:15 AM

I am new to this so I was trying to put my quote with my statement but it didn't work that way.

matt g 12-05-2007 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45forlife (Post 12387)
I am new to this so I was trying to put my quote with my statement but it didn't work that way.

That's what the edit button is for. If you click on it, it opens the post in new window that can be edited.

matt g 12-05-2007 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 12390)
That's what the edit button is for. If you click on it, it opens the post in new window that can be edited.

These intarwebs can be a little tricky at first. :D

rickrem700 12-05-2007 03:26 PM

police threat!!!
 
the police deal with scum sucking pieces of sh$$ everyday, they have every right to be a lot worried about you or anybody else, and that quit frankly worries me with good cause as any rookie could get nervous and accidentally discharge his weapon causing injury or death, this is why it is of the utmost importance to keep your hands in full view and do everything the officer instructs you to do to the T. and always inform him or her that you are in possession of a firearm if that's the case, when ever I get pulled over I always hang my arms out the window up to my elbows and show nothing but the utmost respect and courtesy, these guys do a job I would not wish on an enemy, and have know idea what you are about and must treat you as a threat from the git go, as to do other wise even one time could result in death, I'm sure not a chance they are willing to take, so don't take it personal, anybody that thinks poorly of the police obviously are doing something wrong, you would have to look long and hard to find a more honorable person, sure there are some bad eggs, just like everything, but probably one in a million nation wide. More times than not you can thank your lucky a$$ for the police!!!

ravenslay3r 12-07-2007 06:08 AM

Not always a good idea
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickrem700 (Post 12400)
when ever I get pulled over I always hang my arms out the window up to my elbows and show nothing but the utmost respect and courtesy,

Several years ago my friends got pulled over on a bull****-stop. Knowing the routine, they were all as polite and respectful as we could be, to no avail.

I was in the back-driverside-seat; wearing a ragged t-shirt/jeans, from landscaping that day, zoned-out - more asleep than not, and hanging my arm out the window. Well all THAT pissed the officer off. Not only did he write the BS ticket, but it came out later he almost had us out of the car - all because of ME...

Apparently my "clean-cut-dress" made a bad impression, and my "bad-confrontational-attitude" pissed him off. (a hard-days work is a crime, and (nearly)falling asleep is a confrontational bad-attitude in NJ...)

What REALLY sent him over the edge though was my arm dangling out the window. Aside from my reclined position being dis-respectful, it was too close to his gun.

First - he has feet, Second - he could ask me to move my arm, Third - where HIS gun was, was about the farthest thing on my mind...

Nonetheless - the moral is to always keep your hands on the wheel. And when in doubt, have your passengers do the same.....

pioneer461 12-11-2007 11:33 PM

I know of no cop, local, state or federal, who actually wants to kill someone. Those kinds of people are generally weeded out in the selection process. Some get through in the smaller, poorer police departments, but the vast majority of cops just want to survive the day and go home. Many cops who do have to take a life, wind up leaving the profession within a year.

It would be interesting to hear the officer's perspective in Raven's encounter. I'd be willilng to bet there was an attitude in there somewhere. Are there Charlie Sierra cops who write Charlie Sierra tickets? You betcha. They tend to be the officers who are a bit weary of prying dead bodies out of crushed cars.

Anyone who thinks that cops are trigger happy gun slingers who enjoy killling, are watching entirely too much TV / movies / video games / whatever.



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.