Why .380 over 9mm??? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Why .380 over 9mm???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonheart
Hi Tackleberry,

I have never fired the Ruger SR9c only handled it at the gun shows, but on the surface it looks like it would get the job done. The price range is certainly reasonable. The biggest problem I have in just handling the gun is the thickness of the gun for easy concealed carry and the safety seemed a little awkward, but it's what you get used to if you practice.

I have found the thickness of a handgun to be the biggest drawback to concealed carry. I know you can carry almost anything in a holster under a coat or in a purse, but I want to carry all the time. So for me that means something that will fit in my pocket and be unobtrusive, as I have not yet found a holster that is comfortable to wear all day and under any type of clothing. For me I think the Ruger possibly falls into the same category as my Glock 19: totally reliable, very accurate, easy to use, high capacity and best carried in a holster.
Have you looked into crossbreed? I am 6'1" about 185lbs and can carry a 5" 1911 or a p250c easily. My dad carries a g23 with one as well and you would never k ow it. Just a thought of you are seriously looking for a CCW holster.

RLTW!

Mala Malis Facimus

Old 07-17-2011, 04:43 AM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

When outside of my home state (Illinois), I usually carry a 9mm of some configuration. My Hi-Power is my weapon of choice, but I have quite a few others to chose from (Kahr CW-9, S&W CS9, Ruger SR9c, 9mm 1911). I have a couple of .45ACP 1911s, but I don't carry them as a matter of course.

I also have a SIG P232. Which is quite a little tiger when loaded with Buffalo Bore ammo. Which is the only ammo I would use for self-defense in .380ACP. And, if you were to shoot that stuff in the latest crop of really small .380s, you might wish you hadn't. So, I guess I'd have to say that I would only use a .380 if it could be safely, and uncontrollably used with top grade ammo like the BB. Yeah, some will say that you can't safely use it, but you can in a quality, sturdily built weapon. SIG, Walter, are a couple for sure. I don't think I'd trust most of the rest of them.

My real weapon of choice is a S&W M25, 4", in .45Colt. However, it's not exactly easy to carry concealed. Hence, the 9mm and the SIG.