Who has the worst gun laws? Texas,NY or California?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Who has the worst gun laws? Texas,NY or California?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 02:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HeatSpitta510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 140
Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts

Default Who has the worst gun laws? Texas,NY or California?

I'm from Cali but I heard Texas and NY has it worst than us.. Is that true?

__________________
HeatSpitta510 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 07-09-2013, 02:18 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatSpitta510 View Post
I'm from Cali but I heard Texas and NY has it worst than us.. Is that true?
and where did you hear that Texas has it worst than California or NY?

Texas has some very lax gun laws, such as CC, the Castle Law, no waiting periods, private party sales of firearms without going through an FFL on any type of legal firearm, and so on. there is also in legislation now, of trying to legalize open carry. we even have schools that are allowing teachers and adminstrators with CC permits to carry in school.

who ever told you that doesn't know much about Texas.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,235
Liked 8486 Times on 4912 Posts
Likes Given: 11040

Default

What possessed you to lump Texas in with CA and NY?

Its worse in NY these days. Texas is one of the best states for the Second Amendment.

__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:25 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HeatSpitta510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 140
Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

and where did you hear that Texas has it worst than California or NY?

Texas has some very lax gun laws, such as CC, the Castle Law, no waiting periods, private party sales of firearms without going through an FFL on any type of legal firearm, and so on. there is also in legislation now, of trying to legalize open carry. we even have schools that are allowing teachers and adminstrators with CC permits to carry in school.

who ever told you that doesn't know much about Texas.
That's why I asked.. I was in a FB gun forum and I was talking about how ****ty California gun laws are and someone said "it could be worse..like Texas and NY" .. And I thought to myself ..really? Texas? I can't see Texas being worse so that's why I asked
__________________
HeatSpitta510 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:25 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Anna_Purna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,238
Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Default

I once was watching 'Cops' and they were running through back yards in Fort worth. A very old woman looking like she was in her upper 80's was shooting off her back porch at somebody running through her yard at night. The tall city buildings there were visible in the background, and before the police left, one of the officers asked her if she need him to help her reload the revolver for her before he left! In Calif or NY or Mass. she probably would have been arrested.

__________________
Anna_Purna is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:26 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Anna_Purna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,238
Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatSpitta510 View Post
That's why I asked.. I was in a FB gun forum and I was talking about how ****ty California gun laws are and someone said "it could be worse..like Texas and NY" .. And I thought to myself ..really? Texas? I can't see Texas being worse so that's why I asked
Even liberals troll gun forums.

I'm just sayin'
__________________
Anna_Purna is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:29 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HeatSpitta510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 140
Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna

Even liberals troll gun forums.

I'm just sayin'
Our gun laws in Cali are stupid and pointless..I know this,the person who said Texas had it worse than us must not know anything about Texas
__________________
HeatSpitta510 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:34 AM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
What possessed you to lump Texas in with CA and NY?

Its worse in NY these days. Texas is one of the best states for the Second Amendment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatSpitta510 View Post
That's why I asked.. I was in a FB gun forum and I was talking about how ****ty California gun laws are and someone said "it could be worse..like Texas and NY" .. And I thought to myself ..really? Texas? I can't see Texas being worse so that's why I asked
there are other states that are better than Texas, but all in all, Texas is quite gun friendly. my mother lives in Southern California, and has tried several times to get me to move there. i love my mother, but it ain't happening. i have too many firearms that wouldn't be legal in California and i don't see it ever getting any better in regards to gun owners there.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:52 AM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,235
Liked 8486 Times on 4912 Posts
Likes Given: 11040

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
there are other states that are better than Texas, but all in all, Texas is quite gun friendly. my mother lives in Southern California, and has tried several times to get me to move there. i love my mother, but it ain't happening. i have too many firearms that wouldn't be legal in California and i don't see it ever getting any better in regards to gun owners there.
I'll tell you what Axxe, y'all can swing by my place and drop off the guns that are illegal in CA and head to your mothers. What kind of son are you anyhow?
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HeatSpitta510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 140
Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts

Default

Well the guy in the other forum clarified himself and what he meant was the court system when it comes to catching a gun case they don't mess around in Texas ...LOL makes sense now

__________________
HeatSpitta510 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
California gun laws suck!!! Lol GY6 California Gun Forum 70 05-02-2012 05:17 AM
California gun laws suck!!! Lol GY6 California Gun Forum 0 03-05-2012 04:23 AM
Anyone familiar with california gun laws/M&P 15/22?? corrinavatan Legal and Activism 7 08-04-2011 04:40 AM
California gun laws (My personal story) indyfan Legal and Activism 5 01-19-2011 02:25 PM
Important california laws Gloves Legal and Activism 13 05-06-2010 06:43 PM