Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Who has the worst gun laws? Texas,NY or California? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/who-has-worst-gun-laws-texas-ny-california-93597/)

HeatSpitta510 07-09-2013 02:11 AM

Who has the worst gun laws? Texas,NY or California?
 
I'm from Cali but I heard Texas and NY has it worst than us.. Is that true?

Axxe55 07-09-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatSpitta510 (Post 1299023)
I'm from Cali but I heard Texas and NY has it worst than us.. Is that true?

and where did you hear that Texas has it worst than California or NY?

Texas has some very lax gun laws, such as CC, the Castle Law, no waiting periods, private party sales of firearms without going through an FFL on any type of legal firearm, and so on. there is also in legislation now, of trying to legalize open carry. we even have schools that are allowing teachers and adminstrators with CC permits to carry in school.

who ever told you that doesn't know much about Texas.

Vikingdad 07-09-2013 02:22 AM

What possessed you to lump Texas in with CA and NY?

Its worse in NY these days. Texas is one of the best states for the Second Amendment.

HeatSpitta510 07-09-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55

and where did you hear that Texas has it worst than California or NY?

Texas has some very lax gun laws, such as CC, the Castle Law, no waiting periods, private party sales of firearms without going through an FFL on any type of legal firearm, and so on. there is also in legislation now, of trying to legalize open carry. we even have schools that are allowing teachers and adminstrators with CC permits to carry in school.

who ever told you that doesn't know much about Texas.

That's why I asked.. I was in a FB gun forum and I was talking about how ****ty California gun laws are and someone said "it could be worse..like Texas and NY" .. And I thought to myself ..really? Texas? I can't see Texas being worse so that's why I asked

Anna_Purna 07-09-2013 02:25 AM

I once was watching 'Cops' and they were running through back yards in Fort worth. A very old woman looking like she was in her upper 80's was shooting off her back porch at somebody running through her yard at night. The tall city buildings there were visible in the background, and before the police left, one of the officers asked her if she need him to help her reload the revolver for her before he left! In Calif or NY or Mass. she probably would have been arrested.

Anna_Purna 07-09-2013 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatSpitta510 (Post 1299039)
That's why I asked.. I was in a FB gun forum and I was talking about how ****ty California gun laws are and someone said "it could be worse..like Texas and NY" .. And I thought to myself ..really? Texas? I can't see Texas being worse so that's why I asked

Even liberals troll gun forums. ;)

I'm just sayin'

HeatSpitta510 07-09-2013 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna_Purna

Even liberals troll gun forums. ;)

I'm just sayin'

Our gun laws in Cali are stupid and pointless..I know this,the person who said Texas had it worse than us must not know anything about Texas

Axxe55 07-09-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingdad (Post 1299037)
What possessed you to lump Texas in with CA and NY?

Its worse in NY these days. Texas is one of the best states for the Second Amendment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatSpitta510 (Post 1299039)
That's why I asked.. I was in a FB gun forum and I was talking about how ****ty California gun laws are and someone said "it could be worse..like Texas and NY" .. And I thought to myself ..really? Texas? I can't see Texas being worse so that's why I asked

there are other states that are better than Texas, but all in all, Texas is quite gun friendly. my mother lives in Southern California, and has tried several times to get me to move there. i love my mother, but it ain't happening. i have too many firearms that wouldn't be legal in California and i don't see it ever getting any better in regards to gun owners there.

Vikingdad 07-09-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 1299055)
there are other states that are better than Texas, but all in all, Texas is quite gun friendly. my mother lives in Southern California, and has tried several times to get me to move there. i love my mother, but it ain't happening. i have too many firearms that wouldn't be legal in California and i don't see it ever getting any better in regards to gun owners there.

I'll tell you what Axxe, y'all can swing by my place and drop off the guns that are illegal in CA and head to your mothers. What kind of son are you anyhow?

HeatSpitta510 07-09-2013 03:11 AM

Well the guy in the other forum clarified himself and what he meant was the court system when it comes to catching a gun case they don't mess around in Texas ...LOL makes sense now


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:04 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.