Where to buy silencer? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Where to buy silencer?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 01:18 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5795 Times on 3026 Posts
Likes Given: 394

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
I dont if this true or not but a guy told me to get a 1 gallon plastic soda jug and rap duct tape to the barrel on a 22 and it sposed to make it quite.
if you do that without a serial number and 200$ tax stamp for it you run a serious risk of a trip to the federal pokey.

for the OP i just got through purchasing and getting my first suppressor. i HIGHLY recomend consulting an attourney in your state that is familiar with NFA law and your state regulations.

it can save you a lot of time and frustration and possible money because if you get denied for screwing up the paperwork your out the 200$ and get to try again.

my lawyer got me all the info i needed got my trust setup for me correctly in accordance with wis law and my wait for approval was only 60 days. it pays to get it right the first time.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-12-2011, 01:35 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9133 Times on 3945 Posts
Likes Given: 1423

1. Jon is correct. Do NOT try to use "Legal Zoom" or other computer boiler-plate legal programs to set up a trust for an NFA weapon. Some folks did, was in the wrong format for that state. problems with the BATFE.

2. Yes, it is possible (and legal if you do the paperwork FIRST) to make your own suppressor. Unless you are a skilled machinist, and have access to a lathe/ milling machine, it is a bit more complex than you might think.

3. That 2 liter bottle does not work as well as you think- but it WILL get you 10 years in a Federal Pen and a $250,000 fine if you do not have a paper from the BATFE with a $200 stamp on it, and a SN on the pop bottle. Yes, I'm QUITE serious.

4. While a can can be a lot of fun, if you are into .22's, first, go buy a box of CCI CB Longs, and a box of Aguilla Colibri, and try them out. Legal, quiet, cheap, no fingerprints to file, etc.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:49 AM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The OP was last active on 04-02-2010.

I think it's safe to say this thread, as suspicious as it might have been, has officially gone the way of the Dodo and there is no sense in portraying us in a light that is, well, LESS THAN what our dogs think of us.

JD

Closed Thread