Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Where to buy silencer? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/where-buy-silencer-2084/)

lpabsolute 10-01-2007 06:25 PM

Where to buy silencer?

I'm thinking about purchasing a Walther PPK and was wondering if i could get a silencer for it? Anyone know where i might be able to get one? Thanks....

Dgunsmith 10-01-2007 07:33 PM

Silencers:

www.subguns.com click on recommended dealers and then your state.

You will have to replace the barrel with a longer, threaded one and I recommend a thread protector to use when the supressor is off to protect the barrel threads.

Supressor is proper term...none of them are silent. Size matters..larger is quieter = capacity.:eek:

lpabsolute 10-09-2007 03:45 PM

Bump.......

matt g 10-10-2007 01:47 AM

Is Google down again?

lmurtha1 10-27-2007 05:04 PM

suppressors are nice but expensive. You will have to first pay a one time $200 dollar tax, then go through some minor paperwork, bring to local police station for fingerprinting and a few signatures. After a few months for the ATF to check your backround, you can then purchase the suppressor. The only thing is that you have to get it at a class 3 dealer. There are very few around in each state (they are not your local classic gun shop). suppressors are exactly what you pay for. If you are going to buy one, go expensive. AAC, gemtech, surfire are a few quality companies. a cheaper one is around $500 and an expensive is around $800. not much of a difference in price but quality for sure. There are many diff. sizes as well with suppressors. Bigger the more quite, but less accurate. who is going to shoot distance anyways with a suppressor right? I forgot to mention earlier, you may need to get a aftermarket barrel for you gun simply because it must be threaded. A company named Jarvis makes them for some guns. I own a AAC evo and it is absolutely perfect. Good luck!

birgrunar 07-11-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpabsolute (Post 9090)
I'm thinking about purchasing a Walther PPK and was wondering if i could get a silencer for it? Anyone know where i might be able to get one? Thanks....

Make your own ! Gun Silencer Manual available from BRS Custom Rifles. Gun Silencer for rifle and pistol.

iluv2shoot2 07-11-2011 09:44 PM

When I was a kid, I used to put a baby bottle nipple on the end of my .22, no wise cracks . That was so it woudn't spook the squirrels where I was hunting to bad. It was good for 3 or 4 shots.

lonewolf101 07-11-2011 09:53 PM

I dont if this true or not but a guy told me to get a 1 gallon plastic soda jug and rap duct tape to the barrel on a 22 and it sposed to make it quite.

Wambli 07-11-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birgrunar (Post 539074)
Make your own ! Gun Silencer Manual available from BRS Custom Rifles. Gun Silencer for rifle and pistol.

Right 'cause buying a lathe and associated tools is a lot more cost efficient than buying a suppressor...

HOSSFLY 07-11-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf101 (Post 539110)
I dont if this true or not but a guy told me to get a 1 gallon plastic soda jug and rap duct tape to the barrel on a 22 and it sposed to make it quite.

It will a bit but since you cant use the sights what good wud it do :confused: