when was my springfield armory 45 made
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > when was my springfield armory 45 made

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 01:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default when was my springfield armory 45 made

Hello everyone. where can I get info on when my gun was made ?
serial# NM 83813 It is an A1 model
what does NM stand for ? Thanks in advance for all info.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-20-2007, 04:03 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Springfield is really good about giving you that sort of info if you contact them and let you know the serial number.

NM is National Match, which is generally a highly accurized version of a martial type firearm.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:06 AM   #3

Here is a picture it has been customized by who I do not know.

Wow so NM does mean it is a national match. Did they sell these NM models plain jane do begin with. I want to know the value and when it was made.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:17 AM   #4

Ok, I'm going to contact them for all info,thanks.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:08 PM   #5

NM has nothing to do with National Match. I don't know where the story comes from, but it is kind of like the "Ford owns Cummins" rumor. It just keeps popping up. NM is merely a prefix for 1911s that are fitted here in the states. N prefix 1911s are assembled in Brazil. All are forged in Brazil. It is just the finishing and the fitting that is done here on the NM. A percentage of the different lines still carry the NM prefix and are sold right beside the N prefix, same price. Some argue that the fit is better, but in reality, I have seen so much variation between different 1911s in this area that I cannot buy one sight unseen, regardless of price on Gunbroker or elsewhere. The Custom shop frames are different. They are oversized forgings that are destined to be sent through the custom shop, fitted by hand.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eng208 View Post
NM has nothing to do with National Match. I don't know where the story comes from, but it is kind of like the "Ford owns Cummins" rumor. It just keeps popping up. NM is merely a prefix for 1911s that are fitted here in the states. N prefix 1911s are assembled in Brazil. All are forged in Brazil. It is just the finishing and the fitting that is done here on the NM. A percentage of the different lines still carry the NM prefix and are sold right beside the N prefix, same price. Some argue that the fit is better, but in reality, I have seen so much variation between different 1911s in this area that I cannot buy one sight unseen, regardless of price on Gunbroker or elsewhere. The Custom shop frames are different. They are oversized forgings that are destined to be sent through the custom shop, fitted by hand.
Good to know, thanks for clarifying that.

O1WS6, did you ever find out info on the pistol?

Old 12-30-2007, 05:49 PM   #7

After reading and researching I answered my own question. Like what was said above is true. Thats good enough for me. I might still contact the company to see when it was made/sold.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:03 AM   #8

I have contacted the manufacturers for all my guns, except for the ones that had gone out of business, to get the date of manufacture. The only one I had a problem with was Davis Industries. They wouldn't tell me anything. And don't ask me why I own 2 Davis .380s.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdfxrs91 View Post
I have contacted the manufacturers for all my guns, except for the ones that had gone out of business, to get the date of manufacture. The only one I had a problem with was Davis Industries. They wouldn't tell me anything. And don't ask me why I own 2 Davis .380s.
Ok I won't ask. But what's a Davis .380? Not sure I ever heard of them.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #10

A number of years ago some cheap guns hit the streets. Jennings, Lorcin, and Davis to name a few. Those three were all owned by one family, but they had their differences. Anyway, these guns were not known for their reliabilty, but at the time, I liked the Davis. So I bought two of them with consecutive serial numbers, one for me and one for my wife. Not too many gunowners readily admit that they own one of these brands.