When carrying - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

When carrying

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 249 Times on 166 Posts

Kind of an interesting point I just realized. In Indiana it is a misdemeanor to "deliver a firearm to a person you know to be intoxicated"

However, as far as I know there is no charge for being intoxicated and in possession of a firearm you would otherwise be able to legally posses.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #32

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierTCB
Kind of an interesting point I just realized. In Indiana it is a misdemeanor to "deliver a firearm to a person you know to be intoxicated"

However, as far as I know there is no charge for being intoxicated and in possession of a firearm you would otherwise be able to legally posses.
That's kind of ridiculous

Old 08-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #33

Liked 164 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13
And you start drinking, lets say at buddy's house do you put the gun away? Do any of you keep the gun on you after you've put back a few.
I can speak for myself and probably others!! It's disrespectful to even mention the question of mixing alcohol and guns!! It should not even be a thread in my opinion!! It's a slap in the face of the intelligence of the many respected and knowledgeable folks in the gun world!! I'm sure many drink and carry or handle guns but that doesn't make it worth talking about or right!! Since the dawn of time, humans have been breaking rules and laws and paying the price!! Don't let your youth give you an excuse to be stupid!! Many graves have been filled with the mindset "It will not happen to me" being wise is better than being cool!! Enjoy your youth! Drink if you want, carry if you feel the need!! But please don't ask us if its ok to do both!!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

I can speak for myself and probably others!! It's disrespectful to even mention the question of mixing alcohol and guns!! It should not even be a thread in my opinion!! It's a slap in the face of the intelligence of the many respected and knowledgeable folks in the gun world!! I'm sure many drink and carry or handle guns but that doesn't make it worth talking about or right!! Since the dawn of time, humans have been breaking rules and laws and paying the price!! Don't let your youth give you an excuse to be stupid!! Many graves have been filled with the mindset "It will not happen to me" being wise is better than being cool!! Enjoy your youth! Drink if you want, carry if you feel the need!! But please don't ask us if its ok to do both!!
I didn't ask you if it's okay there bud!!

Old 08-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #35

Quote:

I didn't ask you if it's okay there bud!!
Sounds like I didn't give a reply you wanted to hear!! Keep on searching after about 1000 you might find one!! And I guess I missed the part where you specified who could reply!! Sorry about that!! Best to luck to you and your journey in life!!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

Sounds like I didn't give a reply you wanted to hear!! Keep on searching after about 1000 you might find one!! And I guess I missed the part where you specified who could reply!! Sorry about that!! Best to luck to you and your journey in life!!
Idc who replies, I respect all opinions. But to basically call me ignorant because of a question I ask is a bit farfetched.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #37

Quote:

Idc who replies, I respect all opinions. But to basically call me ignorant because of a question I ask is a bit farfetched.
It's like discussion drinking and driving!! A question of this type is begging for justification!! Common Sense tells us otherwise!! We all know the answer to These elementary questions on the surface!! But we hope we can find a few that will agree with us to somehow justifying our foolish decision!! By the way it's not wise to drink and carry and or handle guns!! For many obvious reasons!! And if you can't believe me, look at the dozens of other opinions on this thread.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #38

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

I enjoy some cold ones in my home and the gun is staying on my side. Outside home? Nope never.