Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   When carrying (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/when-carrying-95190/)

cblowe13 08-09-2013 04:18 PM

When carrying

And you start drinking, lets say at buddy's house do you put the gun away? Do any of you keep the gun on you after you've put back a few.

HOSSFLY 08-09-2013 04:33 PM

Cum'on----not again :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps80824bc3.jpg

cblowe13 08-09-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
Cum'on----not again :(

Didn't see anything in the other thread about drinking there bud

hardluk1 08-09-2013 04:55 PM

Easy for me , don't drink. Just because others do does not mean you have to. . I stopped drink when I started carry'n, 26 years ago. Any alcohol with firearms are a bad time looking to happen. Now put this tread to bed . It will turn into another piss'n contest.

cblowe13 08-09-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardluk1
Easy for me , don't drink. Just because others do does not mean you have to. . I stopped drink when I started carry'n, 26 years ago. Any alcohol with firearms are a bad time looking to happen. Now put this tread to bed . It will turn into another piss'n contest.

Damn y'all are some old grouchy farts. I'm 21 so yeah I'm going to drink some. It doesn't mean I don't put my firearm away.

danf_fl 08-09-2013 05:56 PM

What is more important?
Drinking or carrying?

If you are at a buddy's house, then at some time you have to leave.
If you have a few drinks, then you are under the influence (driving and carrying).

It is not a pretty situation either way.

cblowe13 08-09-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
What is more important?
Drinking or carrying?

If you are at a buddy's house, then at some time you have to leave.
If you have a few drinks, then you are under the influence (driving and carrying).

It is not a pretty situation either way.

No all my friends live in apartments. If I drink I stay there. Carrying is more important, but I'm not going to put the down the bottle at the moment. It's not a big deal for me to just put it back in the car.

manta 08-09-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Carrying is more important, but I'm not going to put the down the bottle at the moment. It's not a big deal for me to just put it back in the car
Why is carrying more important than going to a friends and having a drink and a good time. I wouldn't let fear of attack dictate what I do. As for alcohol it affects judgment so probably not a good mixture.

cblowe13 08-09-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manta
Why is carrying more important than going to a friends and having a drink and a good time. I wouldn't let fear of attack dictate what I do. As for alcohol it affects judgment so probably not a good mixture.

Exactly I carry 90% of the time and drink the other ten :p

fa35jsf 08-09-2013 09:55 PM

Since I have started carrying, I have cut back on my alcohol consumption a bunch (or it could be that I graduated college OR got married OR got in the military).

Regardless, I don't drink when the wife and I go out anymore. When we were on our honeymoon I was carrying while she was dragging me into a bunch of girly small town stores. One of the stores must have felt sorry about the poor guys cause they built a "Man Cave" in the back which consisted of a bar with some stools, a TV turned to a hunting show, and a fridge full of FREE BEER. I know, how could anyone pass that up? Right?

So I found myself back there about the time another gentleman discovered the sacred place and handed him a beer while I grabbed one for myself. As soon as that first gulp of sweet nectar slid down my parched throat, I realized I had my gun on me. What was I to do?

I could have finished the beer and stopped right there, but if I ran into trouble then I was gonna be in it deep. However, I don't look good in bright orange.

Then again, I could leave the beer where it sat and walk away, knowing that I don't want to put my future and safety, nor that of anyone who was around me in harm. Of course this breaks some sort of unwritten man code about wasting a perfectly good, cold, delicious beer.

Well I went with the second option because it was the SMART and RIGHT thing to do. Luckily my wife saved me by asking me to come take a look at something and I 'forgot' my beer, so as the other gentleman wouldn't scold me about breaking that man code law.