Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > What's In Your Range Bag ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #11
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2277 Times on 1362 Posts
Likes Given: 1062

I agree with most and also carry a rod that will allow me to clear "squib" loads from the barrel. I also carry some spare parts and springs.

Add a stapler and extra staples. I also have extra eye/ear protection so I can "loan" to a shooter who may show up without it. Also, a pencil and a note pad (for when I talk to other shooters, I can write down telephone numbers and addresses).

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 10-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6117 Times on 3706 Posts
Likes Given: 6927

I just carry my revolver loving wrapped in a pad that came with the range bag. A couple of soft towels, two pairs of eye protection (for a friend I may bring along), ear muff protection along with extra foam plugs, my speed loader and the ammo. So far I have only shot at indoor ranges. If I'm ever lucky enough to find an outdoor range, I may need to add some things to what I bring....................like a watermelon or a pumpkin.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #13

Default Sometime too much stuff...

If go to indoor range-hearing and eye protection, small tool kit (screwdrivers, Allen wrenches, pliers, etc.), cleaning rod (for squibs, etc.), appropriate mags, ammo, first aid kit.

If I go to 100 yd outdoor range, add: spotting scope, target frame (with spare parts), targets, stapler, tape, bench rest/sand bags, a few more tools--and, oh yeah. a cart to carry it all in.

I always carry knife, notepad, pen, etc.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

Old 10-24-2010, 01:52 PM   #14

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Bag 1: 55# of sand bags and Hunter Orange vest.

Bag 2: Ammo, eyes, ears, flat heads screwdriver, Philips screwdriver, all in one allen wrench set, Staple gun, staples, target dots, spotting scope, stand, chronograph, sun block, mags if needed, and various other stuff as needed.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

The only thing I will add is that for an outdoor range where I do most of my shooting, I make sure I have something to put under the guns and over them. The tables they have are pretty rough, so I either put a gun rug under each gun or bring a rubber dish mat. And during the hot months (which in Florida is most of them) I bring a couple of light-colored dish towels to put over them when not shooting so they don't scorch my hands when I pick them up.

Many of the things listed, including what I mentioned above, are dependent on the individual range. For instance, a number of people mentioned a staple gun. At the outdoor range I mentioned above, you have to provide your own means of affixing targets to the cardboard provided by the range. But at an indoor range where I also shoot, staple guns are provided. If you shoot at an outdoor range with a covered firing line, the dish towels I mentioned above would be unnecessary. So take all these recommendations with a grain of salt. Some of them will be appropriate for you, and others won't.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs