What's a good .380 Pistol to buy? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > What's a good .380 Pistol to buy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werminator
I am leaning VERY strongly toward the Ruger LC9... noticeably larger than the LCP but still very slim and trim.
If you are in the market for a small, single stack 9mm you might also want to check out the Kahr CM9. I know a several people who have nothing but good things about the little gun.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #42

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I'd put my money on the Bersa Thunder subcompact .380. It's got a fixed barrel (not locking breech) so it's generally more accurate. The Bersa has a hefty grip with more room to get your hand on it, but it's small enough to fit into your pocket.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #43

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by slog View Post
I'd put my money on the Bersa Thunder subcompact .380. It's got a fixed barrel (not locking breech) so it's generally more accurate. The Bersa has a hefty grip with more room to get your hand on it, but it's small enough to fit into your pocket.
I find it hard to believe a Bersa could easily fit in the front pocket and not print. It's not exactly a "pocket pistol"...

The Bersa Thunder is definitely a great gun though.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #44

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoyleTheDog View Post
I find it hard to believe a Bersa could easily fit in the front pocket and not print. It's not exactly a "pocket pistol"...

Yeah, not a true pocket pistol, but compared to the Glock 26 it's more pocket ready, especially for a jacket pocket.

--- Edit: maybe not. It looks smaller than I remember the 26 to be, but they appear to be the same size. Still small enough for a jacket pocket, though.

Last edited by slog; 10-01-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #45

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

You can always consider a 38spl revolver...Just a thought

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #46

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by slog View Post
Yeah, not a true pocket pistol, but compared to the Glock 26 it's more pocket ready, especially for a jacket pocket.

--- Edit: maybe not. It looks smaller than I remember the 26 to be, but they appear to be the same size. Still small enough for a jacket pocket, though.
Yeah it would absolutely disappear in a jacket pocket. I miss my Bersa Thunder... Was a damn good firearm and incredibly accurate.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #47

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoyleTheDog

When I carry my bersa 380 CC I either use an IWB holster or a pocket holster in the event I can't use my iwb. Makes the print look like a wallet. Just make sure you have a pocket deep enough so the mag doesn't end up showing while u walk.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #48
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

The P238 HD is stainless, and very easy to handle. I've put several thousand rounds through mine with no problems. I do recommend the extended mag though.

Last edited by Mark F; 10-02-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #49

Liked 286 Times on 248 Posts

One I owned and can reccomend: The LCP is an awesome carry gun, almost regret getting rid of mine, but 380 ammo is just too expensive and I needed fewer calibers I had to buy just to go shooting. I then used my LC9 as my carry, but I later realized I didn't want such a large caliber to use for defensive purposes so I got rid of it, almost regret as well. Both were really nice firearms, accurate, fun to shoot and very concealable.

Others have mentioned some very good options as well. Here's my list and why...

1st - Sig P238, lifelong quality, 1911 platform, concealable, SA

2nd - Ruger LCP, extremely concealable, great experience with

3rd - S&W Bodyguard, concealable

4th - Bersa Thunder, lifelong quality, DA/SA

Even considering price/value the Sig wins, simply because it's the only single action up there. Until proven otherwise, I believe the polymers too will stand the test of time, but I'm firmly anti-DAO. The Bersa is an amazing quality piece, but far too large for what I consider concealable, as I'm a pocket carry only type. There are other options like the Colt mentioned and several I'm not thinking of right now, but these are the ones I've either owned or considered.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #50

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Is the Colt you're thinking of called the New Agent?