What's the best... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

What's the best...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 03:18 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The original 1911 was/is the best 1911 out there (I want an original, not a "new" Colt). I'm not worried about the price. Canebrake has no power over me, BTW.

In the end, the Nighthawk is just another copy (albeit a very, very good, and sharp looking copy) of the original.

Honestly I don't want to get any 1911s right now. No funds, and they are all a little over priced, IMO. The only decent quality ones that may soon be within my price range is the Springfield GI, and the Taurus PT1911.

My opinion still stands: The original Colt 1911 is still the best variant of 1911s out there.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:23 AM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post

My opinion still stands: The original Colt 1911 is still the best variant of 1911s out there.
What about the disconnect and the spur hammer??

Even the lightbulb got a little better with age....

But, to each his own.

I'll take the Nighthawks and you guys can collect the originals. But, ah, don't go messing them up by firing them.

JD

Old 08-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 595 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Default Best?

I would have to agree with NGIB, the best is a firearm you can shoot well and handle comfortably. For a new shooter, I would recommend starting with a good .22lr, be it a revolver or semi-auto. Ammunition is readily available and though going up, not too expensive. Good quality handguns in .22 are still available for folks on a budget.Look for sales and many times guns can be found very reasonably priced. In my opinion, the best, is what works best for the individual, weighing experience, economics, and ones personal comfort zone.

Good shooting,
Jeff

Old 08-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #14

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

About 6 months ago I sold a few safe queens and had a wad of cash in my pocket. I went up to the "upscale" store in Savannah and looked over their selection of high-end 1911s. I handled an Ed Brown, Wilson, Nighthawk, and a Les Baer.

In the end I walked out without one even though I had the cash available. While these were beautiful guns, I realized that I can't even outshoot the Kimber Gold Match I already had. I invested in some other toys, carry gear, and lots of ammo...

Old 08-16-2009, 04:42 AM   #15

Liked 1443 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

The best $700 1911 in the WORLD, and it's MINE!!!!!

What's the best... - General Handgun Discussion

The best $400 DA wheel gun in the WORLD, and it's MINE!!!!!

What's the best... - General Handgun Discussion

............^ Elsie Ahrrr

If I had $3K to spend on a new gun it would be a Yost rubbed Browning HP. The second $3K would go for a NightHawk! Or I could sink the additional $2,300 into the above Colt and kick ass on the fit and finish of any NH! What's the best... - General Handgun Discussion

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 08-16-2009 at 04:46 AM.

Newest Threads