What is your go to weapon for home defense? - Page 15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > What is your go to weapon for home defense?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 232 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueknight73
a 100 pound german sheperd that will absolutely ruin your day, you get past him i got a CZ 40 cal waiting on you
Nice. This is my guard dog. Guess I'm on my own. But at least he makes a lot of noise. LOL
image-943314548.jpg  
Old 03-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #142

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierTCB View Post
Nice. This is my guard dog. Guess I'm on my own. But at least he makes a lot of noise. LOL
he's a lot meaner then he looks:

Old 03-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #143

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Okay you are able to predict the actions of a bad guy. Or you have the specific experience required......... Now who among you have surprised a BG in your house by racking a shotgun and had him stand his ground like Matt Dillon and shoot it out with you? Be honest. No response is = to a "not me".

Old 03-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #144

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDsaid42 View Post
Okay you are able to predict the actions of a bad guy. Or you have the specific experience required......... Now who among you have surprised a BG in your house by racking a shotgun and had him stand his ground like Matt Dillon and shoot it out with you? Be honest. No response is = to a "not me".
Kimber Tactical HD, Remington 870 and my wife's AR-15 nightstand gun.

"That night, I thanked God for seeing me through that day of days and prayed I would make it through D plus 1. I also promised that if some way I could get home again, I would find a nice peaceful town and spend the rest of my life in peace."

MAJ Dick Winters

Easy Company, 101st ABN
June 6, 1944

Old 03-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #145

Liked 164 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 48

My guard dog. I'd better get more guns. 😳

image-1550369892.jpg

Old 03-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #146

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDsaid42 View Post
I have not, and yes the BG is more likely to flee than to stay. Nonetheless id rather not take the chance, and try to keep the element of surprise on my side. You dont know what they are capable of or what drugs they may be on. People tend to do stupid things when they are blown out of their mind.

Also how many times have you confronted an intruder in your home? Would love to hear your story!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #147

I've had to face an armed BG, not in my home but in my car in an attempted car jacking and honestly nothing guarantees how or with what you will respond. That day I had my old S&W 40 cal Sigma and when I pulled it the guy jumped out of the car and ran like I've never seen anyone run. Now, not every assailant reacts the same and specially if they are high on something and think they are indestructible. All you can do is pray you'll be ready and always, always, always carry.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #148

Liked 232 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster
I've had to face an armed BG, not in my home but in my car in an attempted car jacking and honestly nothing guarantees how or with what you will respond. That day I had my old S&W 40 cal Sigma and when I pulled it the guy jumped out of the car and ran like I've never seen anyone run. Now, not every assailant reacts the same and specially if they are high on something and think they are indestructible. All you can do is pray you'll be ready and always, always, always carry.
Very true. And excellent advice!

Old 03-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #149
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I have encountered (caught) a burglar in my home. When I showed him my Dan Wesson .44 magnum revolver, he was very cooperative, waited peacefully for the Deputy Sheriff, and so far as I know, did his 2-20 years peacefully. But you never know how it will turn out. I caught him by sneaking up on him, surprised him, and left him a choice between surrendering, or trying to fight and die. He was armed with a big knife, but didn't try to use it. There was no indication that he was on any kind of drugs.
But I was lucky enough to hear him coming in. If time is on your side it will be better for both you and the BG(s). But if I'd been startled out of my sleep and found him in my room, who knows what would have happened. I no longer use the .44 as my "go to" gun, my PT-145 is shorter in OAL, a big help in weapon retention in case of a contact-distance encounter, holds more shots, and is just as effective for a personal defense situation.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
I have encountered (caught) a burglar in my home. When I showed him my Dan Wesson .44 magnum revolver, he was very cooperative, waited peacefully for the Deputy Sheriff, and so far as I know, did his 2-20 years peacefully. But you never know how it will turn out. I caught him by sneaking up on him, surprised him, and left him a choice between surrendering, or trying to fight and die. He was armed with a big knife, but didn't try to use it. There was no indication that he was on any kind of drugs.
But I was lucky enough to hear him coming in. If time is on your side it will be better for both you and the BG(s). But if I'd been startled out of my sleep and found him in my room, who knows what would have happened. I no longer use the .44 as my "go to" gun, my PT-145 is shorter in OAL, a big help in weapon retention in case of a contact-distance encounter, holds more shots, and is just as effective for a personal defense situation.
Lucky for you he was a smart BG. He realized the odds where not in his favor.