What is your go to weapon for home defense? - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > What is your go to weapon for home defense?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by savorydave View Post
I got me an old Yeller dog who has an uncanny ability to sprawl in front of wherever you're trying to walk. When disturbed he emits teargas out his arse as he struggles to his feet - then shadows you for a SlimJim to compensate him for the trouble. Hopefully that'll give me time to chamber rounds in my G27 & M2000 12-ga.
Hah! Lmao!!

Old 03-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #112

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Funny stuff, this has made my morning, thanks guys !!

Old 03-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #113

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
With the diversity of defense plans, I'm beginning to have sympathy for the intruder. They won't know whether they'll be facing a .22 or a 12, a single stack or a double, bird or buckshot, a sword or a broom, night sights or strobe, red dot or laser,---. About the only thing not mentioned was the kitchen sink!
The diversity would seem to give us all a slight advantage in defending our families and homes.
I like the way you put this. Conversely...how worried would the BG be if all of us had turned in our weapons?

Old 03-23-2013, 02:20 AM   #114

Liked 164 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 48

On my night stand a Taurus PT740 Slim with Hornady Critical Defense. At arms reach my Jericho 941/Baby Desert Eagle ll. Behind the head board a Maverick Mossberg 88 with 18" barrel and Winchester PDX1 Defender shells. On my wife's side a snub nose 38 special loaded with Hornady Critical Defense. Backup weapons include but are not limited to: S&W 357 mag., 1 tomahawk, 2 machetes, multiple knives and a slugger. Let's not forget my Marlin 30-30, Remington 700 308. They are going to get a surprise, let them come.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:16 AM   #115

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I would usually grab my m&p 9 off my nightstand and try to get to my ak or 12 guage. Which is really only a few steps away but alot could happen in those few steps. I usually have my gp100 on my stand as well but not weapon light so i 99% of the time go for my m&p.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 03-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #116
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1094 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 242

This week it is a 10mm With two extended mags, one holds 20, and the other holds 34 plus 1 in the pipe.

Do I need 55 rounds of Hydra Shok 10mm with me? God, I sure hope I don't.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #117

Liked 314 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 View Post
I got a little bit of everything, but always wonder what is the best to put next to the bed at night. Lately I've been favoring my Sig 2022 .40. It fits under the pillow just fine.
When it comes to an HD weapon I am it. I'm close enough to the next of my bed because I'm in the bed. If I wake up who ever is uninvited in my house, weather I have a gun or not, there is good chance their going to die or I'll die trying. End of story.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #118

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14

When it comes to an HD weapon I am it. I'm close enough to the next of my bed because I'm in the bed. If I wake up who ever is uninvited in my house, weather I have a gun or not, there is good chance their going to die or I'll die trying. End of story.
Dam, wish I could b that cool lol
Old 03-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #119

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

A true story:
My next door neighbor.
He and his wife were asleep in bed.
He had forgotten and left the attached garage door open all night.
A burglar came in through the interior garage service door, went through the house, even into their bedroom, stole his pants (containing his billfold) that were hanging on the back of a chair - in the bedroom with them sleeping!
The did not wake - until morning - and found things stolen.

My neighbor was a military man (a captain) - declared that if he had awakened, he had had a gun in the night stand, and he'd have blown them away.
Fact is .. he didn't wake up.
The other fact would have been - had he awakened .. he would have been at a huge disadvantage to the robber - because he wouldn't have been immediately fully awake, nor could he have immediately assimilated everything that was going on around him while he was asleep. The robber could have easily hit him in head with a carry weapon - or shot him him when he noticed he was waking -- beat or shot dead.
I feel my neighbor was fortunate to have not awakened - and to have survived that episode.

It's food for thought.

Myself... I am armed .. as you guys are armed. Guns at the night stand and in other places.
But to awake out of a slumber - when someone is in your room who is already in a very high state of alert, and knows exactly what he is doing and is prepared to do it - and is watching you carefully. That is a tough situation.

I think maybe the best we could hope for is to defend from noises from other rooms in the house - giving us time to get our senses together.

But my neighbor's situation was a tough one - and could have been very bad for him - had he awakened.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #120

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
A true story:
My next door neighbor.
He and his wife were asleep in bed.
He had forgotten and left the attached garage door open all night.
A burglar came in through the interior garage service door, went through the house, even into their bedroom, stole his pants (containing his billfold) that were hanging on the back of a chair - in the bedroom with them sleeping!
The did not wake - until morning - and found things stolen.

My neighbor was a military man (a captain) - declared that if he had awakened, he had had a gun in the night stand, and he'd have blown them away.
Fact is .. he didn't wake up.
The other fact would have been - had he awakened .. he would have been at a huge disadvantage to the robber - because he wouldn't have been immediately fully awake, nor could he have immediately assimilated everything that was going on around him while he was asleep. The robber could have easily hit him in head with a carry weapon - or shot him him when he noticed he was waking -- beat or shot dead.
I feel my neighbor was fortunate to have not awakened - and to have survived that episode.

It's food for thought.

Myself... I am armed .. as you guys are armed. Guns at the night stand and in other places.
But to awake out of a slumber - when someone is in your room who is already in a very high state of alert, and knows exactly what he is doing and is prepared to do it - and is watching you carefully. That is a tough situation.

I think maybe the best we could hope for is to defend from noises from other rooms in the house - giving us time to get our senses together.

But my neighbor's situation was a tough one - and could have been very bad for him - had he awakened.
Agreed 100% im always on alert and can make sense of what is going on pretty damn quickly, but most likely not as quickly as someone standing 10 feet or less from me..

But also doesnt the fact that he was a captain mean he thinks his balls are bigger than they really are?

Semper Fi