What is your favorite brand of handgun and why? - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > What is your favorite brand of handgun and why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 03:01 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Well...

I would have to say that there a number of great pieces by a mumber of great manufactures. But my favorites are Colt and Smith & Wesson. I own a few of each as well as other makes but they remain my top two. I just might be old school, but there is just something about a high polish blued piece with wood grips that just reaks craftsmanship. Not knocking any others and the black tactical look. There are definite advantages to the new technology, again it just may be perception borne from being raised on the "old" look and feel. Just my opinion.

"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Ben Franklin

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

"It is Godís job to judge and forgive my enemy, I only arrange the meeting." Unidentified Marine

Old 08-24-2011, 03:26 AM   #52

revolvers- Ruger for sure

combat pistols- springfield

concealed carry- bersa

rimfire- Ruger

Old 08-27-2011, 02:18 AM   #53

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I own 2 Glocks now, but have owned and traded a lot off.

I would have to say Beretta is my favorite gun maker. If Beretta made a .357 SIG or .45 PX4 in a sub compact I would never have a need for another gun maker.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #54

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Amen sir!!

Old 08-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #55
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I have more than one favorite. However, my favorite handgun is a 1927 Sistema 1911 manufactured by DGFM in 1959. They are also sometimes called an Argentine Colt since they were manufactured on Colt equipment with production overseen by Colt.

Gratuitous pics:

Those grips are gone, it currently wears a set of Esmerelda grips.

Where did you get the smiley face thingy on the front of your pistol. Thank you, Ed

Old 08-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #56

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
I own 2 Glocks now, but have owned and traded a lot off.

I would have to say Beretta is my favorite gun maker. If Beretta made a .357 SIG or .45 PX4 in a sub compact I would never have a need for another gun maker.
I would have to agree. There's just something about a 92FS, I guess.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzll
Glock. If the world ends tomorrow and I'm on my own, I have full confidence it will outlast every other gun on the market
I would agree the Glock would do well. I had several over the years until smith came out with the M&P line. Sold all my Glocks and converted. That's not to say Glock is inferior it's just the M&P is a better fit for me. I own all smith...From .22 on up to .45. There still is a special spot in my heart for Glock...they were my first real love.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #58

Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts

Glock for range, vehicle, home. Ruger LCP for pocket carry. I wish Glock made a single stack 9mm or .40 in sub-compact (like a skinnier 26 or 27). Planning on getting a 26 or 27 anyway for concealed cold weather carry.

I haven't shot everything out there, but from my own experience, S&W Bodyguard 380 and Walther PK 380 are not very reliable. Glock and Ruger are the most reliable guns I've shot. And for accuracy with Glock....check out my target for my concealed carry test (Missouri).

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk
image-3198803597.jpg  

Old 08-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrower
Glock for range, vehicle, home. Ruger LCP for pocket carry. I wish Glock made a single stack 9mm or .40 in sub-compact (like a skinnier 26 or 27). Planning on getting a 26 or 27 anyway for concealed cold weather carry.

I haven't shot everything out there, but from my own experience, S&W Bodyguard 380 and Walther PK 380 are not very reliable. Glock and Ruger are the most reliable guns I've shot. And for accuracy with Glock....check out my target for my concealed carry test (Missouri).

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk
Nice shooting. I also own the 380 BG but have only put a few mags through it...no issues so far. What kind of problems have you had with it? Do you own an earlier model that had the pin issue?

Old 08-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #60

Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts

Default Bad Bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbburger View Post
Nice shooting. I also own the 380 BG but have only put a few mags through it...no issues so far. What kind of problems have you had with it? Do you own an earlier model that had the pin issue?
I have one of the newer bodyguards, but it still had a major problem misfeeding, and misfiring. Had several types of JHP that would not fire (you could see the pin strikes, but no 'bang'). Fed those through my wife's Walther PK380 without any problems. Also, the trigger pull was really jerky towards the end. After looking at another new Bodyguard and dry-firing, realized I had a bad trigger from the start. S&W took it back and are currently repairing it under warranty.

For what it's worth, my Ruger LCP has been great from the start. Fires everything I put through it, and the trigger pull seems much smoother. Giving the BG380 to my wife when I get it back.

Just get back from the gun store right now, actually ... when in to buy a new pocket holster for the LCP, came out with with holster .... and Gen 4 Glock 27! That's going to be my cold weather carry.