Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   What would you rather have? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/what-would-you-rather-have-94608/)

cblowe13 07-29-2013 05:03 AM

What would you rather have?
 
Xds .45 with 400 rounds or kimber ultra carry 2

deadsp0t 07-29-2013 05:08 AM

Here we go..
Depends on the situation.. Buying? Trading?
EDC? Service? Range?
New? Used?
Personally I traded a Gen3 G19 for an ultra CDP and have no regrets.. I had an XD9 and it was a great pistol..
I personally don't think you can go wrong either way, depending on the situation of course.

cblowe13 07-29-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Here we go..
Depends on the situation.. Buying? Trading?
EDC? Service? Range?
New? Used?
Personally I traded a Gen3 G19 for an ultra CDP and have no regrets.. I had an XD9 and it was a great pistol..
I personally don't think you can go wrong either way, depending on the situation of course.

Trading, carry, both used. Just want something I could spend all day at the range with as well and comfortably carry.

JW357 07-29-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cblowe13
Xds .45 with 400 rounds or kimber ultra carry 2

The Kimber may be worth more money. But I would personally probably go with the XDs. I've heard bad things about Kimbers and their warranties.

sputnik1988 07-29-2013 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357 (Post 1318832)
The Kimber may be worth more money. But I would personally probably go with the XDs. I've heard bad things about Kimbers and their warranties.

^^^^^^
I agree.
The only thing that would stop me from going with the XDs is the recoil.

DrumJunkie 07-29-2013 05:37 AM

I wont own another Kimber....And being a 1911 guy that does not care for striker fired pistols much that is saying a lot.

cblowe13 07-29-2013 06:04 AM

Wow alot of hatred for the kimber? Don't know much about them but love a 1911. Can't decide between the two plus the xds only hold 6 :/ shouldn't need anymore but like to be sure.

DrFootball 07-29-2013 09:10 AM

It might just be a few random guns. Never heard bad word one about them.

Doc3402 07-29-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cblowe13 (Post 1318816)
Xds .45 with 400 rounds or kimber ultra carry 2

After my experience with Kimber customer service and repair I would take the XDs. They had my Pro Crimson Carry II three times, and each time it came back it was worse than when it went in. I don't mean the same problem got worse each time they had it. I mean each time it came back it had additional problems on top of the first one that still wasn't repaired.

I have several friends that have Kimbers. All of them are happy, but theirs worked right to start with. When they make a good firearm it is a very good one. When they make one that isn't good they lack either the skill or the will to make it right.

gr8oldguy 07-29-2013 12:10 PM

Between the two I'd rather have a Bersa UC 45...and the 400 rounds.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:08 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.