what would be an interesting shot - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > what would be an interesting shot

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Oops, I didn't realize this was in a pistol subforum. My bad. If you could do that with a pistol, I'd call you the greatest shot who has ever lived.
Hmmm now for a manikin, im pretty confident i could do both tgink ill make it a youtube video too

Old 10-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 841 Times on 610 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Ricochet off tower 1 and hit plate 2 with a ricochet to the backboard and throught the hoop.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 10-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #13

Liked 267 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I've done this many years ago and its pretty impressive to onlookers. You need either a tall bank or lots of open field, and a calm day.

Place a couple of helium filled balloons about ten to fifteen yards downrange, tied by white string. Cut the string with your first shot and bust the balloon with your second as it rises, then shoot the second. This is especially impressive using a single action revovler.

This is not as hard as most folks think as the balloon rises very slowly at first. Also, semi-wadcutters or wadcutter bullets work the best. A round nose bullet will nudge the string aside at times, and also fail to pop the balloon, just pushes alongside the balloon.

If the wind gets up, forget it.

Bob Wright

Old 10-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Wright
I've done this many years ago and its pretty impressive to onlookers. You need either a tall bank or lots of open field, and a calm day.

Place a couple of helium filled balloons about ten to fifteen yards downrange, tied by white string. Cut the string with your first shot and bust the balloon with your second as it rises, then shoot the second. This is especially impressive using a single action revovler.

This is not as hard as most folks think as the balloon rises very slowly at first. Also, semi-wadcutters or wadcutter bullets work the best. A round nose bullet will nudge the string aside at times, and also fail to pop the balloon, just pushes alongside the balloon.

If the wind gets up, forget it.

Bob Wright
Thats interesting, i would need to find a good place for that or start digging

Old 10-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #15

Another impressive shot is to use the center core from toilet tissue or paper towels. Tape up each end and place them endwise to you. Shoot through end to end without cutting the sides of the tube. PVC doesn't work too well as the bullet can skid along inside without cutting the walls.

When you've done this, try it with empty 12 ga. shot gun shells, shoot through the open end and through the brass base.

Last step in this series is to shoot a .38 wadcutter bullet into an empty .38 Special case. Thios needs to be a nickeled case as no matter how hard you secure the case, it'll usually go several feet, and the nickel case is easier to find. It will be split and lead spattered, but the remains of the bullet will be at the head of the case.

Bob Wright

Old 10-27-2012, 01:47 AM   #16

And, two things:

1. Never, Never use a human being to hold your targets. No matter how good you become, a slip up can be a serious wound or fatality. It not worth the risk.

2. Never, ever, use trickery. Once you've done a shot using some trick, your self esteem will go down considerably. Your shot must be of your own effort.

Start doing you easiest shots first, if before an audience. Then more difficult stationary targets and last of all moving targets for your finale.

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Old 10-27-2012, 01:54 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Wright
And, two things:

1. Never, Never use a human being to hold your targets. No matter how good you become, a slip up can be a serious wound or fatality. It not worth the risk.

2. Never, ever, use trickery. Once you've done a shot using some trick, your self esteem will go down considerably. Your shot must be of your own effort.

Start doing you easiest shots first, if before an audience. Then more difficult stationary targets and last of all moving targets for your finale.

Bob Wright

Bob Wright
Last week was my first time in front of someone to split a playing card, it was a little harder cause of the stress

Old 10-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #18

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

I'm calling pure BS on everything stated here.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
Thats thr one i carry in my wallet, ill show a pic of the joker when i get home. The joker has more damage

forumrunner_20121027_011659.jpg

Old 10-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
Thats thr one i carry in my wallet, ill show a pic of the joker when i get home. The joker has more damage

Attachment 66551

Closed Thread