Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > What would be a good side arm in a boat?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

Well, now an airplane... that's a whole nether matter. What do you want? Speed? Payload?
Too funny!!

Old 06-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #52

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Cheap

Cheap and reliable, whether a shotgun or handgun. If firearms are like the sunglasses we've owned, they don't float and deep murky water makes recovery impossible!

Firearms enthusiasts have long searched for a way to purchase guns and gun accessories affordably. Many people are now discovering that a gun auction, often referred to as penny gun auctions can multiply their purchasing power safely, quickly and affordably. Whether you’re in the market for a Tauras Judge, Ruger LCP, scope or other firearms accessories and tactical equipment you can now obtain these items from firearms penny auctions. The firearms auction arena is allowing the middleclass, blue collared man to purchase firearms and firearms add-ons at a fraction of the retail cost.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 06-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #53

Liked 1036 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 537

Nerf just put out a new assault gun , it being on the water you have infinite ammo and they are cheap and wont rust

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

FirearmsAuction_org Likes This 
Old 06-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #54

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default That was our choice.

Thank goodness it never had to be displayed. It was a very quiet trip running just outside the Intercoastal. I'm confident, if you ever had to show a "riot gun" to a threatening boat, the perps would immediately understand the significance of the potential firepower and look elsewhere for an easier target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Anything is Stainless Steel or a Polymer/Stainless combo.

Personally I see no reason for a pistol if it's for boat carry and would go with a SS/Synthetic 12 Gauge Shot Gun like a Mossberg Mariner or similar.

Nothing ends an argument like a 12 Gauge!

Tack
Old 06-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #55

On a related topic, be careful WHERE you carry a firearm on a boat. Where I use to boat, I could be happily/legally carrying in Pennsylvania, only to cross over into New Jersey waters and be in big trouble if discovered by NJ Five-O.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #56

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

That's true I'm in Florida not going to have that problem

Old 06-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #57

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
I always carried my Ruger GP 100 .357 mag in my boat. I had it inside a waterproof bag that was secured. I could get it in my hand real quick if necessary.
Another plus for the Ruger family of revolvers is that they can be broke completely down in a few moments with just a screw driver. If I drop my beloved Smiths into a body of water cleaning and drying them is much harder.

I have no love for Glocks bit their simplicity and corrosion resistance would give them top nod in the auto pistol category.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #58

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
All this talk reminds me of that tragic FTF boating accident...oh the agony of all that hardware going to the bottom...
Does FTF stand for "Failed To Float" ?

Old 06-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #59

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 18

This may seem ludicrous to my fellow forum chums but up here in Ma. I mostly freshwater bass fish on small cranberry reservoirs and farm ponds and carry a little .38 derringer in my front pocket.
You can thank me later for the laughs.
Kodeman

Old 06-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #60

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

A hi point c9 9mm $149.00 if it falls over bord its only $149.00 no big lost