Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   What pistol should i get? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/what-pistol-should-i-get-38751/)

redbullranger 02-21-2011 01:00 AM

What pistol should i get?

Soory if you have heard this question a million and a half times, but what handgun should i get? I know i want a semi auto, glocks lock cool, the old 92fs also look pretty sweet, I want a 9mm for sure because of ammo prices, my price range is 800 or less (preferably 500 dollars). Im 16 years old, and have experience shooting 22's, shotguns, and some deer rifles. Im 6 ft 4in tall, and have size Large in gloves (dirtbike and work gloves) Im also wanting a full size hangun, so that I can have 15ish bullets in the mag, but if you recommend compact or sub compact ill go for one of those to lol. Well i guess im kinda picky, but hey if im dumping 500 plus dollars into it im gunna be picky :) So yeah thanks for any suggestions.

Alchemist 02-21-2011 01:03 AM

CZ... Link:

CZ-USA -> Product Categories

JTJ 02-21-2011 01:18 AM

Glock 19 15+1 and will take up to 33 round mags.

IGETEVEN 02-21-2011 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbullranger (Post 449911)
Soory if you have heard this question a million and a half times, but what handgun should i get?

Actually, a million and a half + one, as of right now. :rolleyes:

Anyways, in your price range I suggest a CZ75B. It is a great 9mm, but if you want the real original king of 9mm, get ya a Browning Hi-Power. Both will fit in them "large" paws of yours right nicely. ;)

Now, how is this particular chosen handgun gonna be acquired or bequeathed upon you at your age, if you don't mind me a asking? :confused:

sweeper22 02-21-2011 07:46 AM

If you find it fits what you're after, I'll go ahead and be the third CZ vote.

I consider the CZ 75b to be the best $500 9mm available. Doesn't mean you'll agree, but most who put one through the paces come away really impressed.

Petrella 02-21-2011 09:06 AM

Springfield Armory

XD or XDm I havent heard a single bad thing and Ive been looking around for a new pistol.

9mm XDm comes with 2 extended clip 19 rounds I believe

nate 02-21-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrella (Post 450125)
Springfield Armory

XD or XDm I havent heard a single bad thing and Ive been looking around for a new pistol.

9mm XDm comes with 2 extended clip 19 rounds I believe

There made in Croatia. Is that a single bad thing?

CZ's are nice but if I had the money and the want for a 9mm it would be the Hi-Power.

NGIB 02-21-2011 10:21 PM

Here in GA you must be 18 to possess a handgun, is it legal for you to own a handgun at 16 in WA? I'd say go to the range as what looks cool may not feel cool but not sure if the ranges there will allow somebody that's 16 to rent various guns to try...

redbullranger 02-21-2011 10:24 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions, im starting to like the looks of those cz's, the brownings i saw were a little to spendy, and because of my age ill just give my parants the money and the will buy it. (thats not illegal is it?) Ohh yeah should i buy used or not? and if so what are some good used gun websites?

NGIB 02-21-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbullranger (Post 450599)
because of my age ill just give my parants the money and the will buy it. (thats not illegal is it?)

Technically, yes it is - it's called a straw purchase.

You really need to check the law in WA to make sure it's legal for a 16 year old to possess a handgun. We have a number of folks from WA here and I'm sure that one will chime in soon. Here in GA, a 16 year old in possession of a handgun is breaking the law...