What hand gun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > What hand gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 02:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Default What hand gun

Thinking about buying a new handgun, wondering what your guy's thoughts are. I can get $100 off Glocks since I work in corrections, but I have always talked **** out them because they are so popular. I know that makes no sense to you guys but it did to me. At one time I owned a Springfield XD and loved it, but I was thinking about the XDm and was wondering what your thoughts were. I want a 9mm because I can get the ammo anywhere and it is more than adequate to take down anything I would need to shoot 2 legs or 4.

Oh, and I would like to have adjustable rear sights. I know many of you are saying "that's stupid to have adjustable rear sights on a carry pistol", but in case you haven't noticed, I am a bit different.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-04-2009, 03:11 AM   #2

Whatever you shoot well with and feels good to carry. I personally like the Glock 20 and the Sig Sauer P220. I used to have a P220 but I sold it to buy the Glock; and now I am looking for another P220 So yeah, it just depends on what you are comfortable with. If the XD feels right for you... get it. If you don't mind the Glock or the discount... get the Glock hehe.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:14 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

You know you want a 9mm handgun. Now it all comes down to personal preference and budget.

I can tell you I had the xd before too and loved it, but I prefer a steel frame and external hammer which is why I went for the CZ 75B.