Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > what guns do you hate.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
The only gun I own that I'm not 100% in love with is my Ruger MKIII 22/45. It works well, I just don't like the disassembly, I'm probably going to sell it soon. I haven't shot it since I got my S&W 617.
i also have one of those and I feel the same way. its a pretty good gun but it is an unnecessarily huge pain to disassemble which kind of taints my feelings about it

Old 03-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #22

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Sturday Night Specials

Locrin Bryco Jennings....all those craps that fell apart in your hands while you shoot them... more than ugly, or uncomfortable to shoot they are unsafe to shoot, jeopardizing your own safety.... I don't know how is permitted that they still make such junks....

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 03-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #23

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Remington 710/770, Viper, 597, Marlin/Glenfield model 60, Hi-Point, Raven, Jennings, Glock, Bryco, Mossberg model 500, Lorcin, Wyoming Arms Parker, Laseraim, AMT-that's about it off the top of my head.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Beretta Tomcat. Chintzy little thing that stings the hand, spits out a pebble, then jams.

Beretta Cheetah isn't much better.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
The only gun I own that I'm not 100% in love with is my Ruger MKIII 22/45. It works well, I just don't like the disassembly, I'm probably going to sell it soon. I haven't shot it since I got my S&W 617.
I have the MKII version. It has the same PITA "internally weighted combination lock" procedure to disassemble it. If I don't have the manual in front of me to tell me the "combination" I'd never get it apart.

I still love the gun though. Feels great in the hand and is very accurate.

Do you use .22LR in it, or Mini-Mags? I use nothing but CCI mini-mags because it jams with regular LRs. It doesn't seem to have enough energy to get the spent casing clear of the bolt before it closes.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 03-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #26

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Any large caliber derringer type pistol. Ouch!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 03-27-2009, 10:57 PM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse17 View Post

Do you use .22LR in it, or Mini-Mags? I use nothing but CCI mini-mags because it jams with regular LRs. It doesn't seem to have enough energy to get the spent casing clear of the bolt before it closes.
I use mini-mags, according to the instructors at the range it should work just as well with regular .22's, but I haven't tried it.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:33 PM   #28

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

The only guns I hate are the one other guys get that are what I want and they get them for dirt cheap minus $50.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
on a personal note, i hate pretty much anything chrome plated because its stupid and wanna be gangster. I also hate desert eagles for the same reason. chrome or gold plated desert eagles are even worse.

as to something that is not thuggish that I dislike, i have to go with the HK USP .40 compact. my dad has two and from when i was a kid, to today I can not shoot it for the life of me! i dont like the way it feels in my hand, i dont like the safety, i dont like the trigger pull and i couldn't hit the side of a barn with the darn thing for some reason.

i must say, it is a very reliable weapon though.
im gonna say that nickel plated guns are great, my dad, and many many other police officers have told me that "Gangbangers only fear two things... dogs and silver guns!" they say you can pull a black or a gun metal blue on them and means nothing.... they see a silver gun and they crap their pants!

on guns i dislike (hate is too strong a word for guns), any 9mm.... 9mm has been put up to some standard yet they are inferior to so many other calibers (im sure this will spark a debate). 9mm just doesnt have the stopping power, yes they tumble, but ihave heard from too many police officers who have seen a perp get shot 4-5 tims with a 9mm and never stop moving, yet seen others get shot once from a .45 anywhere on their person and fall to the ground.

So no hate for a gun, just dislike the 9mm.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:43 AM   #30

Don't forget the S&W 442 .38 special. This little guy kicks like mule and hurts the hand! Ouch!