what guns do you hate. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > what guns do you hate.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp1987 View Post
ill speak for you if thats ok.

everything but a 1911
lol

LOL - Not quite that easy I am afraid, but as a Mod, I don't think this is a thread I should participate in....

But some of my "favorites" are already on the list... LOL

JD

Old 03-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

on a personal note, i hate pretty much anything chrome plated because its stupid and wanna be gangster. I also hate desert eagles for the same reason. chrome or gold plated desert eagles are even worse.

as to something that is not thuggish that I dislike, i have to go with the HK USP .40 compact. my dad has two and from when i was a kid, to today I can not shoot it for the life of me! i dont like the way it feels in my hand, i dont like the safety, i dont like the trigger pull and i couldn't hit the side of a barn with the darn thing for some reason.

i must say, it is a very reliable weapon though.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:55 PM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

+1

There's nothing worse than "bling" on a pistol................

Old 03-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Out of the roughly two dozen guns I've owned, there has only been two that I was disappointed in. A Hi-Point 9MM and a Marlin Mode 60.

The Hi-Point seemed reliable enough, but after putting a couple-few hundred rounds through it,I decided that I couldn't hit 'P****i' with it. I gave it away (to someone I never knew, not that I'd reveal a name ever...in-fact, it was stolen if I remember correctly)

The Marlin-60 I still have, infact it was the first gun I've owned since it was brand new. My dad bought it for me and my twin sister when we were about 8 years old. We already had a .22 bolt action with sites that my dad had made out of beer/pop cans. I could hit a quarter at 60 yards with either gun, so I imagine it was quite accurate for a semi-auto.

But it wasn't vary many years, and it would jam no matter how much you cleaned it. The action is sandwiched between two pieces of sheet metal that you would never get reassembled if it were taken apart, and thus it's almost impossible to clean properly. I eventually gave in to 'hosing the heck out of it' with a hi-pressure nozzle, then drying it, and oiling the living heck out of it to prevent rust.

Now, I've owned the gun for 23 years and it functions pretty reliable, but is still a PITA to clear a misfire from. Also, it has that whole tubular mag. that I really can't stand. Although it is rare to find a gun that will hold 18 rds. from the factory.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Last edited by Dillinger; 03-11-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: No Names please when indicating shooting at something

Old 03-11-2009, 02:01 AM   #15
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It's hard to hate any qualiy firearm or even lesser quality as you get what you pay for. I have two pistols that I don't care to shoot but at the same time both are low end manufactures and purchased because they are not common. AMT Auto Mag and Llama mini Max 45. I also own a desert eagle and I think the hate for the pistol is based more on envy than experience, again not a common pistol but before you dish it have experience in shooting it.

So have I haven't found a pistol I hate but admit I've purchased some pistols that weren't right for me. It's why many of us have a collection, always looking for that prefect pistol. I have a Kimber I truly like, two S&W M&P's (the trigger comment in the first post on this thread can be corrected simply by trigger control and not pulling the trigger like it's a staple gun). I carry and switch between based on how I dress.

I have several other pistols that I enjoy shooting but never met a pistol I hate.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:41 AM   #16

Everything with a MSRP of less than $450...OP's list is a list of most people's favorites.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:46 AM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I've tried some guns that I didn't enjoy very much, but I wouldn't say I really hated them. I tried Glocks and didn't care for them, I also tried some Taurus models I didn't like (the Millenium, I might be wrong about the model name, had a long, horrible trigger pull).

The only gun I own that I'm not 100% in love with is my Ruger MKIII 22/45. It works well, I just don't like the disassembly, I'm probably going to sell it soon. I haven't shot it since I got my S&W 617.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:21 AM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

as i call'em american standards there pos's in my book

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 03-11-2009, 07:00 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default I know its not a real gun but...

Anti-gun statue at the United Nation headquarters.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 03-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #20

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post

Anti-gun statue at the United Nation headquarters.
Ironic considering they are responsible for probably the most bloodshed, through appeasement and lack of the ability to put troops on the ground, by firearms ( and hatchets and machetes ) in the third world in the modern era....