Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   what gun and caliber (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/what-gun-caliber-50030/)

mrbirdguy 10-18-2011 12:33 AM

what gun and caliber

helli i am having fun trying to figure out i am looking for a handgun i want sompting resionably acurate i am thinking about a tarus judge or tarus raging bull want sompting posably to hunt with maby pop a stray dog,fox, coon,etc i have a sigma as a main home protection gun any caliber you might recomend or gun how acurate are the judges how is the kick on a 44 what would be a good gun to ge?t any outher gun or caliber ? i would like to be less thain 900$ on the high side

Firearms4ever 10-18-2011 12:39 AM

Taurus' firearms are a hit or miss generally. I stick with Smith and Wesson and Ruger's revolvers. In my opinion you can't go wrong with a .357 magnum. It offers, just like the .44 magnum, a lot of versatility. As to what firearms to look at I suggest the Ruger Blackhawk, Ruger Vaquero, Ruger GP100, Smith and Wesson 686, Smith and Wesson 19, or the stainless version of the 19.

JTJ 10-18-2011 12:57 AM

I am running 50% on Taurus. 2 good 2 bad. I wont buy another one.

MrWray 10-18-2011 01:48 AM

Out of all the info i have gathered about taurus,its been like 80% bad..20% good..ive never owned one so i dont have any first hand experience with them

CourtJester 10-18-2011 01:53 AM

I've never shot a raging bull but I do have a judge with a 3" barrel. If you are looking for accuracy though the judge is good up to about 15 yards. Then you're better off to shoot the gun itself out of a slingshot. Never shot the 410's out of though. Those would give you a much larger pattern for sure. I'd say you would be better off to go with something other than a judge for sure, fun gun but that about it. Just fun.

jebsca 10-18-2011 02:43 AM

Don't have a judge, but I have got a governor. It is a fun gun to shoot, but trying to work with three different types of ammo has it lacking a bit in accuracy. I can hit the target at 20-25 yards, but it's not a good group. I may be part of the problem, but I don't think I am all of the problem. I would say that if you are looking for some accuracy, do not look at a judge.

GSXMatt 10-18-2011 01:33 PM

I would not trust my life or my families' lives to any of the firearms you have mentioned.

Gojubrian 10-18-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbirdguy (Post 603864)
helli i am having fun trying to figure out i am looking for a handgun i want sompting resionably acurate i am thinking about a tarus judge or tarus raging bull want sompting posably to hunt with maby pop a stray dog,fox, coon,etc i have a sigma as a main home protection gun any caliber you might recomend or gun how acurate are the judges how is the kick on a 44 what would be a good gun to ge?t any outher gun or caliber ? i would like to be less thain 900$ on the high side

R U looking fo a revolver or A automatic?

mrbirdguy 10-18-2011 10:45 PM

ok so is a357 a good hunting caliber? or a 44 mag better? i would like a relvolver
any legal hunting caliber? how is the recoil? hows ammo price/avalibility?
how popular are they the caliber
any brand make a ported barrel the raging bull has does it do anything? muzzle rise? reduce recoil? is it necesary?
cal you put say some kind of red dot and maby a laser on it?

JTJ 10-18-2011 11:40 PM

Muzzle brakes will reduce recoil but there is a cost. It will be louder and have more muzzle flash. Dont shoot one in the dark as it will temporarily blind you. A good .357 mag will probably do what you want as you are looking at small animals and possibly self defense.