What to get...? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > What to get...?

View Poll Results: Which handgun to get?
Beretta 92 Series (M9, 92FS, 92A1) 11 50.00%
H&K USP9 fullsize 11 50.00%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

You say the HK can probably handle more rounds... you mean as far as longevity of the firearm? As far as I know both the USP and 92 have an average service life of about 30k rounds.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:55 AM   #12

I went to the range today and shot the 92 again and realized a few things. Its weight isn't all that bad compared to a Sig P226 I shot last week, the recoil is nothing, and it's quite accurate even at 25 yards. I was able to hit center of mass no problem (yes, I'm amateur, I know). I've also noticed how some people say the grip is too big. I am 22, 5 foot 7 with an average body composition and I don't have the biggest hands in the world yet I found it quite comfortable to hold and shoot. The USP is the same way.

The only USP in 9mm they had was the Tactical version with isn't a fair comparison so I skipped shooting that one.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #13

Anyone else want to chime in on this? I'm still undecided.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:18 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

next on my list is a Browning Hi Power. just saying try that one out.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:51 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Both are fine guns, so it's really a personal choice.

My personal choice for a full-framed 9mm is a CZ 75b, which I'm very happy with. Might be worth looking at. Great performance, plenty of affordable aftermarket grips to spruce 'em up a bit, and price wise they're a relative bargain.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #16

How come nobody suggested Glock?

Get a 19 or 17, maybe even a ported G17, have an armor put a comp trigger in it, look at Glocks website for GSSF matches in your area

Match in Oxford N.C in November

Shoot them they are a blast. get good enough and maybe win a couple of guns. They give away a bunch of guns at these things.

Latest Glock Report has rules and dates and award info.

These can be a bunch of fun! DOn't discount a glock

Old 10-28-2010, 09:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodysKJ View Post
How come nobody suggested Glock?

Get a 19 or 17, maybe even a ported G17, have an armor put a comp trigger in it, look at Glocks website for GSSF matches in your area

Match in Oxford N.C in November

Shoot them they are a blast. get good enough and maybe win a couple of guns. They give away a bunch of guns at these things.

Latest Glock Report has rules and dates and award info.

These can be a bunch of fun! DOn't discount a glock
Hate to say it, but I'm not fond of Glock. I owned a G23 as a concealed carry pistol and the more I shot it the more I hated it. The grip angle sucks, it was way too light for anything than a 9mm so muzzle flip and recoil were a bit harsh, it felt cheap, and quite honestly I couldn't stand the trigger especially with the safety. I couldn't shoot the dang thing very well, so how was I supposed to rely on it in a life-or-death situation?

I sold it and got an HK USP40 Compact for concealed and love it MUCH better. My girlfriend just bought a Glock 19 a month or so ago and she loves it, I shot it and I don't like shooting it either. The grip and the trigger are what do it in for me. The 17 is too big and the finger grooves are horrible since I have smaller hands. So Glock is out of the question.