Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > What do your wives (or significant others) carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 02:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default What do your wives (or significant others) carry?

My wife decided a while back to get into shooting to go with me, and then decided to carry as well. We got her CCW and after a bit of testing, she decided on a KelTec P32. Well, now she decided she doesn't like it. She's not ready for a small frame 9, doesn't want a revolver, and does not like a .380. I'm going to try and get he accustomed to 9mm by getting her something full size, say like a S&W VTAC or Glock 19. I was just curious of others who've dealt with this type situation and what you did to resolve it. I'm think if I get her a fullsize 9 and she gets acclimated to the recoil of a 9 then we can move her into a carry 9 down the road 9 (and I'll have another full size handgun in my personal arsenal!)

GP

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-25-2013, 02:36 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5764 Times on 3153 Posts
Likes Given: 10895

I can't even get my wife to carry groceries. No way she would carry a gun.

No offense and none taken

Old 04-25-2013, 02:45 AM   #3
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6636 Times on 4015 Posts
Likes Given: 7883

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I can't even get my wife to carry groceries. No way she would carry a gun.
I would prefer carrying a gun before I'd carry the groceries..........but I do have to carry the groceries...........

Old 04-25-2013, 03:17 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 513 Times on 311 Posts
Likes Given: 199

Nothing right now. I will get her to carry something one day, just got to keep gettin her hands on different guns till she figures out what she likes. She has yet to shoot my Kel-Tec PF9. She was tellin me about the gun bras she saw at a gun shop the other day. She thought that was neat. I guess she must have dosed off in the CHL class we took together when the instructor was talking about various carry holsters

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 04-25-2013, 04:23 AM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

When my wife carries its a revolver. Ruger LCR. Great little gun. I know that's not what your looking for, but my wife said the same thing until she started shooting more guns. After trying different guns, she found she really liked it. Good luck.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #6

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

ZG started carry a KelTec P3AT which is a .380. We sold that and now she carries a Ruger LC9.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #7

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Colt Delta 10mm

Old 04-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #8

My wife carries a g19 and loves it

Old 04-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #9

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

My Gf doesn't carry but when we shoot out of every thing I have (9mm,40s&w,357Sig,45)she loves to shoot my PX4 Storm subcompact in 40s&w.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #10

My wife started with a snub .38 5-shot revolver (Taurus 85) and absolutely loved it. She was very accurate with it. Then we both decided that purse carry wasn't ideal for many reasons. Mainly because that's the first thing a mugger grabs and another big reason is because she leaves it on store shelves way more than you would think :/ Anyhow she decided the only way she would probably carry on her would be pocket carry. She's about 5'4" and 110 pounds, so she can't hide anything very well anyway. She handled every little pocket pistol she could and decided on a Ruger LCP with a laser. She loves it! We're gonna get her a pocket holster with the faux zipper flap and also a bulldog cellphone style holster I think.