Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   What do ya think about taurus? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/what-do-ya-think-about-taurus-15284/)

ktmboyz 07-01-2009 12:15 AM

What do ya think about taurus?

I am looking to get a light weight compact revolver for a summer time ccw. I have been looking at the smith shrouded hammer air weight, the new ruger lcr or I saw a new model Taurus at cabela's last weekend for $329.

I have never been a real Taurus fan but just looking for some input from you guys good or bad..

SGT-MILLER 07-01-2009 12:30 AM

I'm thinking the LCR. I really like the feel of that snubby.

Canebrake has one. I'm sure he has tons of insight on it.

matt g 07-01-2009 12:36 AM

I plan on picking up a Judge after i get my M14.

AR762 07-01-2009 12:39 AM

I have a Taurus Model 94 Revolver in .22 but, I have had problems with a Taurus Model 66 and 85. The Cylinders would not lock into place, and my brother in law had the same problem with his model 85.

The factory fixed his and both models of mine but, his Model 85 did it again after 200 rounds and mine did the same. I lost faith in Taurus as a self defense firearm.

Just in my opinion, I would buy the Ruger or save some more money and buy the S&W Airweight.

I know you said, your a Taurus fan but, if your going to use it as a CCW gun, are you completely confident, with a Taurus in such a serious situation?

If your answer is yes, then sleep on it, and see what your gut feeling tells you, the day you decide to buy one.

I use a S&W 340PD for summer carry in a Kramer Pocket Holster, and I'm a Glock guy.

Hollander 07-01-2009 12:43 AM

I purchased a Taurus .38 Ultralight snub a couple of months ago. Trigger pull was a little stout but a found a smith who worked wonders on it. It has been perfectly reliable and easy to shoot. Nothing wrong with Taurus IMO.

Gojubrian 07-01-2009 12:57 AM

I'll not buy a taurus again based on too many nightmare stories I've read about them. Same thing for any handgun.

skullcrusher 07-01-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR762 (Post 123626)
I know you said, your a Taurus fan but, if your going to use it as a CCW gun, are you completely confident, with a Taurus in such a serious situation?

I use a S&W 340PD for summer carry in a Kramer Pocket Holster, and I'm a Glock guy.

I believe he said he has never been a Taurus fan. Does Glock make a revolver? :p

I like the larger cal Taurus revolvers as in the Raging Bull series. My fav is .464 Casull. But they are way too big for ccw, imo.

Don't disregard the S&W snubbies for carry. Reliable and they are S&W.
Just my opinion, brother. :D

skullcrusher 07-01-2009 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 123624)
I plan on picking up a Judge after i get my M14.

I love the Judge, but I'd like to get one with the longer barrel. Something about being able to alternate the .410 and .45 LC is just very appealing to me.

ktmboyz 07-01-2009 02:04 AM

thanks for the input guys, I think I am still leaning heavily towards the S&W air weight with the shrouded hammer

CCW357 07-01-2009 03:30 AM

The only Taurus I might concider would be the Judge.