What ammo do you suggest??? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > What ammo do you suggest???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2182 Times on 1289 Posts
Likes Given: 474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
Since you drive truck you just may be able to find ranges along your travels. Lead would be fine for you, just bring your gun cleaning kit along. the lead build up will give you something to do when sitting in your motel room.
He asked about protection rounds. Lead is fine in a Berretta for range use.

I like Gold Dot loads, a nd Winchester Rnger 127Gr +P loads out of service sized 9mm pistols.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post

I agree. I reload for plinking. My current bullets are lead, off the shelf. They have given no problems for plinking in my M&P9.

For self defense, definitely find something in jacketed hollow point. In all honesty, just about any 9mm JHP ammo you can find at a store will be sufficient for you until you can test some different manufacturers for yourself and decide on your favorite. Your Beretta will more than likely feed them all reliably. That being said, when you buy some self defense ammo, definitely run a few shots thru the gun, just to make sure.

Did you buy your Beretta new or used? If new, run a couple hundred FMJ rounds thru it at a range to break it in before you trust it 100%, if you can.

Sorry about any typos. I'm on my phone right now.
I bought her new and I've already pumped about 400 ends out. 200 with the stock guide rod than I switched to a stainless guide rod with buffer and pumped out another 300. Im pretty new to handguns but I tell u what this beauty is without a doubt a nail driver.. and that's coming from a rookie, lol. Would you be able to suggest any online places to pick up ammo?

Old 05-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #33
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2867 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Here is a link to a page that can direct you to multiple sellers.
http://ammoseek.com/

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares0290

I bought her new and I've already pumped about 400 ends out. 200 with the stock guide rod than I switched to a stainless guide rod with buffer and pumped out another 300. Im pretty new to handguns but I tell u what this beauty is without a doubt a nail driver.. and that's coming from a rookie, lol. Would you be able to suggest any online places to pick up ammo?
Yeah, they're great guns. Glad you've broken it in already.

Lately ammo has been pretty scarce but you can try:

Bulkammo.com
Surplusammo.com
Goodtogoamo.com
Budsgunshop.com
Luckygunner.com
Ammobank.com
Ableammo.com
Midwayusa.com

There are others. If you do a google search a bunch will come up.

Always have clean socks.