What 9mm or .40 cal should I buy - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > What 9mm or .40 cal should I buy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I would definately go for the 40 cal over the 9mm. I have a beretta px4. Love the gun. It is accurate light and it holds 14 rounds in the 40 cal. Friend brought his Springfield XD and I would almost say they were sister guns. Not by looks but by feel, recoil, accuracy and return to point of aim. Both are really fun to shoot. The XD was touch more nose heavy than the PX4, but all in all I wouldn't cry if we took the wrong guns home in the cases.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 237

Rugers are great especially the newer models as the older double stack mag grips were pretty fat. Luckily we have a Sportsmen's Warehouse close by that usually has a very large selection of semi autos. I had leaned toward a new Ruger as they felt good in my hand and they are priced reasonably, but so does the Baby Eagle. I ended up getting an XDm in 40 S&W which was good because they had the Gear Up program going that had a rebate of two 16 round clips plus another mag holster. The next thing I got was unexpected, earlier this year my wife and I was in the Sportsmen's Warehouse looking at Beretta, XD compact, Stoeger and a few others. While I was admiring a Stoeger Cougar in 40 S&W my wife says out of the blue, "Do you want to get it?". So who am I to turn down such a good deal? It's a great weapon, it feels good in my hands, very accurate and with the rotating barrel lock up it has very little barrel rise on recoil which is great for follow up shots. I actually like shooting it more than the XDm. The Cougar has an alloy frame so it's heavy, the XDm plus is it's 16 round mags. The quality of the Cougar is great considering it's relatively low cost.